Inexpensive linking equipment

The place to swap commercial recipes, techniques etc.

Inexpensive linking equipment

Postby Thewitt » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:07 am

I am working up a contract bid for a customer.

He wants 1000 Italian sausages a day, 26mm x 20cm in collagen casing, poached and separated.

Not a high enough production level to afford a major automated stuffing and linking machine, but challenging to do by hand.

He expects the sausages to be virtually identical in size, so hand linking is not really feasible.

Anyone know of any semi automated options? A friend suggested a hand crank linking machine, but I've not been able to locate one that will link longer than 5" and I need 8" links.

I'm willing to pass on the deal if I can't locate reasonable equipment, but I may also use this as the basis for expanding into a more automated facility as well based on the total investment and using this opportunity to expand - even though this contract alone would not justify the costs.
Thewitt
Registered Member

Re: Inexpensive linking equipment

Postby BriCan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:33 am

I have the Z-Linker but as you say 5 inch is as long as I can go, mind you it says on their web page that they can do lager sizes

http://www.nittacasings.com/products/sa ... equipment/

This would be most suitable for you as it is an oval type rather than round, sizes The Model Y can twist links from 4 to 14 inches long,

http://www.famcousa.com/machines.htm

HTH
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Postby Thewitt » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:13 am

That Model Y looks very interesting.
Thewitt
Registered Member

Postby BriCan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:16 pm

Thewitt wrote:That Model Y looks very interesting.

That one came to mind when I read your request for info, it was one that I looked at when I started on this present venture but not having used nor knowing anything about it (looked to complicated for my tiny mind ~~ too many moving parts) I passed it by for the Z-linker ~~ it seems that maybe I should not have.

There are possible some knocking around second had as that was what I was looking at ~~ price? ~~ to be honest I cannot remember
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Return to For food service professionals, chefs, butchers etc.