Help requested in the USA

The place to swap commercial recipes, techniques etc.

Help requested in the USA

Postby Sue Nell Ratchford Hinson » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:36 am

My husband and I lost our family business in a horrible fire last October. A 100 year old sausage process went with it. For any of you in the business in the US - you know the stringency of HAACP. Therefore - rebuilding the plant as it was is out of the question. Opening a new market is not, but we do need help.
We live in Guyton, Ga (USA) and are seeking an established meat plant to help us continue the hot meat processing for sausage. The emulsion process and the use of my husband's seasoning are key to our plea for help. We are interested in a radius of 4 hours around Savannah, GA.
If you know the name/address of a plant we could contact - we would be most appreciative.
Am I in?
Sue Nell Ratchford Hinson
Newly Registered

Postby Wohoki » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:59 pm

Hi, I can't offer any help beyond my best wishes, and I hope things work out. Artisan butchery is a declining art, and old recipes are as much a part of our history as paintings and literature.
All the best,
David.
Wohoki
Registered Member

Postby TJ Buffalo » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:39 pm

I'm a little too far north to help, but have you contacted anyone in the Southeastern Meat Association? They might have some ideas about who might have capacity for your sausage.
http://www.southeasternmeat.com/
TJ Buffalo
Global Moderator

Thank you, Buffalo!

Postby Sue Nell Ratchford Hinson » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:36 pm

My husband was a member and will seek that connection. Thank you so much for the suggestion.
Am I in?
Sue Nell Ratchford Hinson
Newly Registered

Return to For food service professionals, chefs, butchers etc.