Looking for butcher/Sausage maker

The place to swap commercial recipes, techniques etc.

Looking for butcher/Sausage maker

Postby barry » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:49 am

Hi, I have a small 14acre farm in a little place called Nangreaves, Bury Lancs.
I keep and breed rare and traditional pigs, Large Blacks and British Lops and very soon Berkshires. I normally sell most weaners to show people and the odd one or two to locals for fattening and keep a couple a year for my own freezer. All our pigs (apart from the show pigs) are free range. My 21 year old daughter has decided to try and expand the hobby into a business and sell produce at farmers markets and over the net. We do not have the skill, time, facilities etc to butcher and vacum pack the pork or make the sausage dry cure bacon or make ham so that it can be sold to the general public. Knowing my daughter it should go well. Is there anyone out there willing to provide this service in part or whole. If there is please email me @ pigs@bintec.org with your phone number. it would be great if you are in the bolton bury area but lancs or greater manchester will do.
barry
Registered Member

Butcher

Postby Franco » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:57 pm

Hi Barry,

you can try my friend Pete Cartwright at Paradise Farm in Chapel en le Frith, he has a butcher friend who makes sausages out of his GOS, I'll PM you his phone number.

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

Return to For food service professionals, chefs, butchers etc.