iTALIAN MASCAPONE MAKE.

Recipes and techniques for soft cheese.

iTALIAN MASCAPONE MAKE.

Postby Rik vonTrense » Sat May 06, 2006 3:09 pm

.MASCAPONE.

A soft Italian cheese used in cheesecakes and Italian pastries.

It may also be served instead of cream on deserts.

MASCAPONE.

1 quart of single cream. Quarter tsp of Tartaric acid. Makes nearly a pound of cheese.

In a double boiler heat the single cream to 180F.
Add the Tartaric acid to the hot cream and stir for several minutes.

The cream should slowly thicken into a custard like consistency with tiny flecks of curd noticeable.

If the cream does not coagulate then add a tine touch more of Tartaric acid and stir for five minutes.

Do not add too much acid as a grainy texture will result.

12 hours (overnight)

line a stainless steel colander with a double layer of fine cheesecloth.
Pour the curd into the colander and drain for one hour then place the colander in a bowl and drain overnight in the fridge.

Place the finished cheese in a covered container and keep in the fridge use within two weeks.
Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Postby TonyE » Sun May 07, 2006 10:58 am

Hi Rik - Apart from sausage making, which I started a few months ago, I intend to make Bacon. I am interested in cheese making just as a hobby.
I have make Cypriot Haloumi which turned out pretty good. You have some very interesting articles on this Forum for Cheese making, which I have taken the liberty of printing - hope you do not mind.

I would like to compile a list of Cheese Making 'recipes' do you have any objection to me printing your recipes, thought I had better ask first, don't want to infringe copywrite.

Regards - TonyE
TonyE
Registered Member

Postby Rik vonTrense » Sun May 07, 2006 1:11 pm

Hi Tone....

Please feel free to print anything you like only an acknowledgement would clear any copyrights.

As far as I am concerned this is a teaching forum and all my papers are for the use of cheesemakers.

Happy cheesing.

Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Return to Soft Cheese Making