promul 20 txp

Tips and tecniques on dryng drying, curing etc.

promul 20 txp

Postby Frans24 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:43 am

Hi People,
I got hold of a product called promul 20 txp.It is known as an emulsifier and extender in making sausages and prossed meats.The company describe on you tube as when emulsifieng pork fat as 1part product to 10 parts fat and 20parts water as with pork meat 1to 10 to 11 parts water.Great water retension.Has anybody got any idea how the product works or a recipie to make a sausage or prosesed meat from this product.As this product make 1kg of fat turn into 15To 20kg. It is a very gel and stif end product.Where to start with this product.any ideas because the company making it does not return emails.Regards
Frans24
Registered Member

Re: promul 20 txp

Postby Dibbs » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:26 pm

I found a video about it. It looks disgusting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2fz5RaYxCY
Dibbs
Registered Member

Postby Steven_B » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:52 pm

I just watched the video as well.

Forum members here might not be able to help out much with this one since, in general, the membership is concerned with making more 'wholesome' products with natural ingredients and probably don't have much experience with this sort of thing.

As far as how to use it... it's meant to save money by turning a little fat and water into a lot of pseudo fat. I guess you just substitute the fat with the pseudo fat. And then add loads of salt and other flavourings to mask the fact that pseudo fat is almost tasteless.
Steven_B
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:04 pm

Interesting. I didn't watch the whole video, and what I saw didn't surprise me.

What was it you wanted to make Frans?

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby Frans24 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:30 am

Hi Phil,
As our country is in a huge resestion and lots of people not working.thinking of aa low cost budget sausage.people eat anything here in SA and a sure low budget sausages or balony or something would make it afordable for the not so fortunate and hungry people to eat something all be it something at low cost.
Frans24
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:44 am

You could use Soy Protein isolate/concentrate. This thread has details:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4073

HTH
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby Steven_B » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:47 pm

Frans24 wrote:Hi Phil,
As our country is in a huge resestion and lots of people not working.thinking of aa low cost budget sausage.people eat anything here in SA and a sure low budget sausages or balony or something would make it afordable for the not so fortunate and hungry people to eat something all be it something at low cost.

There might be something useful for you in this UN FAO document here: http://www.fao.org/3/a-ai407e.pdf

Here's the abstract:

Over the next decade there will be an increase in global meat production from the current annual production of 267 million tons in 2006 to nearly 320 million tons by 2016. Almost exclusively, developing countries will account for the increase. The greater demand for meat output will be met by a further shift away from pastoral systems to intensive livestock production systems. As these systems cannot be expanded indefinitely due to limited feed availability and for environmental reasons, other measures must be taken to meet the growing demand. The only possible alternatives are making better use of the meat resources available and reducing waste of edible livestock parts to a minimum. This is where meat processing plays a prominent role. It fully utilizes meat resources, including nearly all edible livestock parts for human food consumption. This practical and easy to understand manual is intended for meat processors in developing countries, in particular those who want to improve their existing manufacturing methods and anyone who is interested in entering this specific food sector, as well as for teaching purposes. It is a comprehensive compendium on all important topics relevant to the small- to medium-size meat processing sector, with more that 400 colour photographs, drawings and graphs. The manual also includes a series of practical topics which are important in meat processing but which are usually not sufficiently referred to or not found at all in meat processing handbooks. This includes the handling and maintenance of equipment and tools, workers' appliances, workers' safety in using equipment and tools, meat processing under basic conditions, traditional meat drying, preparation of natural sausage casings from intestines of slaughter animals, the comprehensive listing and description of nonmeat ingredients, the manufacturing of meat products with high levels of extenders and fillers, as well as sources and processing technologies for animal fats in meat product manufacturing, providing much-needed practical advice towards product diversification.
Steven_B
Registered Member

Postby Frans24 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:48 pm

Thank you very much.
Frans24
Registered Member

Postby Steven_B » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:44 am

I've just been to have a closer read of that document and realise that the link I provided only covers the first 50 of considerably more pages.

I can't find a .pdf with the complete publication in one file.

However, here is the page with links to each of the .pdf sections.

ftp://ftp.fao.org/docrep/fao/010/ai407e

Steven
Steven_B
Registered Member

Postby crustyo44 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:08 pm

A GOOD ADDITION to the PINK SLIME that manufacturers use in economy super market sausages. Definitely a magnificent solution to block up your arteries and kill you off early in life.
crustyo44
Registered Member

Postby Frans24 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:23 am

That is good.Need to get population down.Nobody can live forever.
Frans24
Registered Member

Postby kil2k » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:56 am

Frans24 wrote:That is good.Need to get population down.Nobody can live forever.

:P

Seriously though, it's products like this that are one of the main reasons I make my own sausages.
kil2k
Registered Member

Postby Frans24 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:32 am

True.I wont eat it either.But like i said when the majority people in your country are poor and dont have food to eat this will help with affordibality and can save more lives than deaths.The majority people are working hard labour which all the negatives about the product will have small afect as they burn calories as quikly as taken in.Trying to lend a hand that is all.As for myself i also make my own sausage the healtier way.
Frans24
Registered Member

Postby kil2k » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:52 am

Would it not make more sense to use something like rice or beans as a filler, and cut down the meat content?
kil2k
Registered Member

Return to Sausage Making Techniques