milking machine - advice needed

Equipment and ingredients suppliers and plans for home made cheese making equipment.

milking machine - advice needed

Postby c day » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:45 am

Hi all

Im looking to buy a second hand portable milking machine for my goats, which could in the future be used for a cow, just wondering if any of you could give me some advice as to what to buy and more importantly where to get one. I have seen ones on ebay but a lot of them are for collection only in England and as I live in Ireland this is impossible. I have seen a site on ebay where there are ones being sold from the Ukraine by an American based seller. I know this sounds dodgy but the seller has been on ebay since 2003 and has 100% feedback but still Im a bit wary about purchasing from them.

Any advice on any of the above would be great, thanks in advance

Conor :goat:
c day
Registered Member

Postby berrys66 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Have you tried Goat Nutrition? They sell second hand equipment and also sell something they call "Goat mini milker" for £100 under their milking machines section.
berrys66
Newly Registered

Postby dorsets21 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:34 pm

have you asking your local farmer ? they might have an old one in the barn somewhere ,if not they might know were to find one ,thats where i found mine all it just need was abit of love and care i got mine for case of beer :lol: :lol:
ask the question? where does my food come from
dorsets21
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:12 pm

Ascott.biz sell a goat/sheep milking machine or a cow milking machine but they are the best part of £1K :shock:
Curing is not an exact science... So it's not a sin to bin.

Great hams, from little acorns grow...
saucisson
Site Admin

Return to Cheese making equipment