5:2 diet

Low Fat, Low Cholesterol, Diabetic, Coeliac or any other Special Diet or Food Intolerance General Chat

Re: 5:2 diet

Postby DanMcG » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:56 pm

wheels wrote:I can really recommend the oil sprays that you can buy from some supermarkets. Not the aerosol ones, but a spray that you can fill with your oil of choice.
Phil

That's a great idea Phil, I'm going to pickup some sprayers next time I'm at the store. And I really like your gin and beer swap!
DanMcG
Registered Member

Postby tomwal » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 am

Thanks Steve, will have a look at the site, when I've been on diets before I tend to lose rapidly in the 1st few weeks, mostly fluid I suppose, that probably accounts for a large portion f the 11lb, but I am well happy with the progress so far, not hungry and still having some of my favourite meals, only thing I have cut out completely is Wine and beer, for the time being.

Cheers

Wal
tomwal
Registered Member

Postby SteveW » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:56 am

2 Stone now :D :D :D
SteveW
Registered Member

Postby tomwal » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Nice one Steve, 18lb myself.
tomwal
Registered Member

Postby SteveW » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:59 am

Lost 2 1/2 stone now....People have started noticing now and I'm nearly back in my 32 inch jeans. A guy at work has decided to give it a go, he's lost 4 pounds in 3 weeks and says it's the easiest diet he's ever tried. :D
SteveW
Registered Member

Postby tomwal » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Nice one Ste, that's great, fell off the wagon over last few weeks,you know what its like, bbq, daughters wedding, more bbq, eating out coz the weathers nice, more bbq, blah, blah, blah, no excuses really, managed to maintain most of the weight loss though, back on it now, by far the easiest diet I ever tried, (way to go before I can get into anything near measuring 32 inch lol) :D :D :D :D
tomwal
Registered Member

Postby RickyPaul » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:20 am

Its a good diet idea and looking effective. I just want to say thanks for sharing this diet idea and i will try to follow this diet plan soon.
RickyPaul
Registered Member

Postby HungryAlex » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:26 am

This is old now but it would be interesting to hear if any of the people doing this carried it on. I've heard a few people talk about this recently but it seems to be a bit of a short fix so I'd like to know how people incorporate it into their lives, and families too.
HungryAlex
Registered Member

Postby Snags » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:29 am

Ive been on it for 6 weeks now
I love it I even like the fast days
Aldi Bran and milk under 200
Steamed fish and salad wraps (mountain bread 68 cals) with hummus.... less than a hundred
Miso soup ...40 odd

Lots of black and mint tea and water
yet to take the plunge still researching
Snags
Registered Member

Postby SteveW » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:36 pm

Hey hungry Alex,
I've been doing it for 2 years last August. It's a way of life for me now and I really enjoy it. I fully intend to carry on for the rest of my life. I really enjoy my food and now I'm down to the weight I want to be I can eat pretty well as much as I want on my food days and not have to worry about it at all. It's ideal for me as I don't have to worry about being too strict with myself, if I'm away on holiday I just skip the fast days and don't care. I eat as much as I want over Christmas knowing I can easily lose the few pounds I put on in a month or two. It's difficult at first but then it's only two days a week so if you can remember that then it's not a problem. The diet's not really about weight loss, it's just one of the benefits.. Overall I've lost 3 stone but as I say try not to concentrate on the weight loss side of things. I can honestly say I've never felt so healthy and full of energy. do give it a go.
SteveW
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Dietary Chat