Plans for this year

Producing herbs, spices and vegetable matter

Plans for this year

Postby Zuckuss » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi Guys,

Right, i'm now at that lovely stage of the year where it comes down to ordering seeds and what are you going to grow this year? My situation is a small garden in a rented house, so i've only got a small of growing space (a couple of borders about 15m length in total) although I do have quite a bit of room for container plants.

So for this years crop i'm looking at growing:

Tomatoes - plum and cherry
Beetroot
Chillis
Orange Peppers
Peas
Mange Tout
Butternut Squash
Rosemary
Basil
Thyme
Sage
Oregano
Courgettes
French Beans
Potatoes (probably new)
Mixed Salad
Radishes

This probably seems like quite a lot, but most of my seeds I either have or am buying from premier seeds direct off ebay (I had almost a 100% germination record last year which is better than anything else I have ever had). I also do a plant swap with quite a few people so I always plant a lot more than I need and give away the rest (muller light yoghurt pots are great for this) so I was just wondering what everyone else had planned.

Joe
Zuckuss
Registered Member

Postby Gill » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Get a wiggle on, Joe - you should be chitting your potatoes by now ;) .

I've already got my leeks, strawberry and chilli seedlings up. Later I'll be growing mainly beetroot, swede and sprouts, runner beans and French beans with salad catch-crops. There'll be a load of different herbs too.
Gill
Registered Member

Postby Zuckuss » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Damn, chilli seedlings up already! I was going to wait till next month to plant them!! Mind you i'm only doing them on the windowsill in plastic bag propogators.

I suppose I had better go to the garden centre and pick up some compost this weekend.

Joe
Zuckuss
Registered Member

Return to Grow your own