Chicken?

Air dried cured meat and salami recipes

Postby big_onion » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:40 pm

wheels wrote:big_onion

Have you access to "The Art of making Fermented Sausages" by the Marianski's? Whilst I can put the ingredients etc here, it's the accompanying text and table that are the essential bits. To reproduce them here would almost certainly breach copyright. :cry:

Phil

Actually, I was able to view the page containing the recipe on Amazon. Looks like it's doable.

Question answered. :)
big_onion
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:54 pm

So you've seen the advice as to which culture to use re: Listeria and the increased usage of culture and fermentation table?

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby big_onion » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:08 pm

wheels wrote:So you've seen the advice as to which culture to use re: Listeria and the increased usage of culture and fermentation table?

Phil

I got some of that, but not all. I'm going to just go ahead and get the book, since it seems like a pretty valuable resource.

I can't do something like that right now since I only have this lame little mini fridge and absolutely no space for anything bigger (yet), but knowing it can be done is enough for me.
big_onion
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Good luck when you do it. :D

(I still don't fancy it myself though! :lol: )

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby BriCan » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:09 am

big_onion wrote:
BriCan wrote:I have if you like production recipes for the following:- chicken wieners, chicken bologna, chicken salami semy dry cured, possibly others if I look

I'd definitely like to see the recipe for the chicken salami, if possible.

This is from production recipes that I have, hope it is of use to you.

PRODUCT : CHICKEN SALAMI SEMY DRY CURED

MATERIALS IN KGS.:
10 DEBONED FOWL MEAT FROZEN
20 CHICKEN THIGH MEAT FROZEN

Seasoning in gm per kg of product:

26 Curing salt
1 Sodium ascorbate
3 Corn sugar
10 Autolyzed yeast
10 Aimmustard
20 Whey powder
1 MSG (optional)
1 Starter cultures
4 White pepper
1 Coriander
0.5 Mace
1 Paprika
2 Caraway seed whole

CASINGS: Fibers smokable 90/60 or Naturin 90/60

PROCESSING AND FINISHING SEE M5 OR M7 + F8

M5:
MANUFACTURING PROCEDURES, FRESH SAUSAGE AND SMOKED AND COOKED SAUSAGE COLD CUTS AND SALAMI SMOKED AND/OR COOKED: I.A COARSE;SPICE;HERBS;SEEDS;ETC.ADD. (NO EMULSION OR LEAN DOUGH ADDED) GRINDER – MIXER PROCEDURE

Step #:

1: assort meat to recipe standards and chill well
2: Mix meat and fat with seasoning and ice or water* (if applicable) and grind through desired plate
3: Mix thoroughly until binds well
4: Regrind if recipe calls for. Pork should not be reground
5: If your recipe calls for 2 or more different grades of grounds, every grind has to be ground individually through the appropriate plate, and combined after, then mix well!

SAUSAGE MEAT IS NOW READY FOR STUFFING AND TO BE SMOKED* AND/OR COOKED* (*IF APPLICABLE)

M5A
MANUFACTURING PROCEDURES SAME PRODUCTS AS ABOVE, BUT SILENT CUTTER PROCEDURE

Step #:

1: Assort meat to recipe standards and freeze lightly
2: Place into silent cutter, add seasoning's and crushed ice and chop to desired size. (High speed)
(If ground is to be very coarse, mix again to assure proper distribution of seasoning!)
3: If recipe calls for mixed grading, (coarse and fine) meat for course grade has to be added later, in order to obtain desired ground!

SAUSAGE MEAT IS NOW READY FOR STUFFING AND TO BE SMOKED* AND/OR COOKED* (*IF APPLICABLE)

M7:
MANUFACTURING PROCEDURES, FRESH SAUSAGE AND SMOKED AND COOKED SAUSAGE COLD CUTS AND SALAMI SMOKED AND/OR COOKED: I.A COARSE;SPICE;HERBS;SEEDS;ETC.ADD. SILENT CUTTER PROCEDURE:

Step #:

1: assort meat to recipe specifications and chill well or rather freeze lightly -2’ C. to -4’ C.
2: Combine with seasoning and emulsion and/or lean dough in silent cutter and chop to desired grade
3: Course spices; herbs; seeds; veggies; ect. Should be mixed at the very end of chopping* if recipe calls for such items*
4: If added meat should be very course, cutter is, when desired ground is achieved, to be turned to mixing gear, for a short additional mixing period. If such mixing gear is not available, meat is taken out of cutter and mixed again. (Very short of course, to avoid emulsion break down) This step is done to assure proper distribution of seasoning.

MEAT IS NOW READY TO BE STUFFED, AND SMOKED AND/OR COOKED.
IF IN ANY ITEM CHEESE IS TO BE USED, FOLLOW

Step #:

1: Cut cheese in cubes 1.5 to 2 inch. And freeze
2: Add to ready emulsion or lean dough into silent cutter, and chop on high speed to desired size (most commonly rice corn size)
3: If specified in your recipe, add now coarse ground meat mix and mix until evenly distributed

NOTE: OVER EXCEEDING MIXING LEADS INTO BREAK DOWN OF EMULSION

STUFF IMMEDIATELY

F8
FINISHING PROCEDURES, SEMY DRY CURED SAUSAGE AND SALAMIS: SUMMER SAUSAGE; METTWURST ETC...:

Using G.D.L.; STARTER CULTURE; OR COMBINATION OF BOTH

Step #:

1: Stuff immediately after processing!
2: Lay in container, cover with wet cloths, and keep at room temperature for 18 to 36 hours. (Depends on diameter of product!) This procedure is meant for salamis with larger diameters.
2: Alternative for sausage in small casings hang up on smoke sticks, either rinse in luke warm water frequently, or cover with wet cloths, and keep at room temperature for 12 to 24 hours.
3: Transfer into smoker and cold smoke with Max. 24’C. 5 to 8 hours
4: Increase temperature to 32’C. or 95’F. and smoke small sausage for three hours, larger diameter salamis for 10 to 12 hours (Fermenting process!)
5: Increase to 58’C. And cook to core temp. of 50’C. (without smoke) never underexeeding 85% humidity
6: Hang into dry room with 15’C. and 80% humidity for at least 3 to 5 days. Small sausage will be ready after 1 day!

PRODUCT IS NOW READY TO BE PACKAGED AND CONSUMED.
BriCan
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Recipes for cured meats