Cultivated mould in humidifier

Air dried cured Meat Techniques

Cultivated mould in humidifier

Postby Lazyninja2005 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:19 pm

I have been looking around the forum for a while but haven't come across this question before. Has anybody tried using cultivated mould in the humidifier in their curing chamber I was thinking about doing this to see if a regular top up of good mould spores in the chamber would help with the growth of good mould on my cured meats.
Lazyninja2005
Newly Registered

Postby onewheeler » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:25 pm

Not sure... With nothing to sustain it the culture will die, and then something will start to feed on it, and that will spread to the cultures growing on your meat...

Or not.

Martin/
onewheeler
Registered Member

Postby Lazyninja2005 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:24 pm

I thought the mould spores would have hung in the air like other moulds maybe I'm thinking about fungus. Might have to research it a bit. :D
Lazyninja2005
Newly Registered

Postby BriCan » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:34 pm

Lazyninja2005 wrote:I thought the mould spores would have hung in the air like other moulds maybe I'm thinking about fungus. Might have to research it a bit. :D

Mould spores attach themselves to the chamber walls ---- there is a place in Italy :?: the EUC is trying to shut them down for using the mould that is on there walls -- been there 100's of years They hang the hams :?: in there to mature and by time they are ready they are covered with the same mould that is on the walls

Photos are out there.
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Postby Wunderdave » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Lazyninja2005 wrote:I thought the mould spores would have hung in the air like other moulds maybe I'm thinking about fungus. Might have to research it a bit. :D

Mold is a fungus as far as I know
Wunderdave
Registered Member

Return to Curing Techniques