Moderation and PMs?

Post your questions, technical issues, and report any problems using the forum, here.

Moderation and PMs?

Postby LittleGreyCat » Tue May 10, 2016 10:07 am

As a newbie to this forum, I have posted a couple of times and been notified that the post is queued for moderation.

[As an aside, my third post does not seem to have appeared.]

I've had a quick look through the FAQs and can't find anything specific on moderation policies and PMS.

From other fora it is usual to require a minimum number of posts to the board before PMs are enabled.
I don't seem to have PMs enabled.
How many posts do you have to make to be able to PM?

Are all posts pre-moderated until you establish a reputation for being a good citizen, are any posts with URLs in queued for pre-moderation, or a combination of these?

Just trying to work out the guidelines.
It would be useful if this information was included in the FAQs (which seem mainly generic for the phpBB system).

Thanks

LGC
LittleGreyCat
Registered Member

Re: Moderation and PMs?

Postby kil2k » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:00 am

Hi LGC, and welcome to the forum. If I remember right it's only the first 5 posts that are checked by a Mod, so you should be good to go now :)
kil2k
Registered Member

Re: Moderation and PMs?

Postby wheels » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:48 pm

For some reason a couple of posts did not appear in the moderation queue. Normally posts are moderated within 24 hours - and usually a lot quicker than that.

My apologies. As far as I can see, all outstanding posts have now been approved.

I can't recall how many posts it is before PM's are allowed, I don't think it's too many. Maybe an admin can advise.

In the meantime, please repost any questions that haven't now appeared and I'll ensure that they're approved pdq.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Return to Forum Technical Issues