Glad to see forum back again

Introductions and chatter

Glad to see forum back again

Postby othmar » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:28 am

I got an email saying that the forum has been hacked.

I tried to visit but nothing happend.

I am sorry for all the hard work of Frank and all the others. I am very glad this forum is back again.

Over the past few month many forums concerned with animals ans meat have been hacked. It is said that this is the work of animal right groups. At least one such group in Germany admits that hacking "enemy" forums is a new tactic of theirs.
Meat is good and healthy Master Butchers Choice
othmar
Registered Member

Postby TJ Buffalo » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:19 am

Yes, it's good that the forum is alive again. Hackers suck, why do they want to disrupt something decent? Franco, I hope your business wasn't hacked also. Good job on the return.
TJ Buffalo
Global Moderator

Postby Paul Kribs » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:33 am

TJ Buffalo wrote
Franco, I hope your business wasn't hacked also

Even if the main site wasn't hacked, I should imagine that there was an indirect effect on Franco's business as I for one get ideas from this forum and have ordered ingredients and equipment after reading certain posts.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any comeback for the scum hackers doing this unless it is against big companies like banks etc and credit card fraud..

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby aeddon » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:01 pm

woo hoo...

just got my order from franco and was a little scared the forum might not come back on :o

but i see it is back up and running :D

time to get on with me lomo :D
aeddon
Registered Member

Good to see you back !

Postby Yorkie_Porkie » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:38 pm

Hi, got the mail re the hacking of the forum, beggers belief doesn't it !..
Anyway, at least it's back up and running again !... :P
Yorkie_Porkie
Registered Member

Postby Spuddy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:27 pm

Paul Kribs wrote:
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any comeback for the scum hackers doing this

Au contraire young Terrence; a few of us have paid "Foxi" a little Cybervisit since the attack. Nothing permanent unfortunately but he should be inconvenienced for a little while. :twisted:
Spuddy
Site Admin

Postby Paul Kribs » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:47 pm

Good on you Spuddy..

I enlisted him for some regular 'canned meat'..
I have yet to use my new cleaver and must admit that I know where I would like to use it first, also I could use my wider hook/ring arrangement.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby aris » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Be careful with any revenge - they may well have a full list of all the e-mail addresses registered on this site.
aris
Site Admin

Postby deb » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:30 pm

Glad to see the site back, I really missed popping in.

On a more selfish note I've been busting to ask a couple of questions, thankfully I can now.
Skinny Cooks Can't Be Trusted
deb
Registered Member

Postby Spuddy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:22 pm

aris wrote:Be careful with any revenge - they may well have a full list of all the e-mail addresses registered on this site.

I already have a full list of all their registered email addresses.

IT and Website security testing is part of what my business does; we have all the hacking knowledge they have and more (although we use it defensively).

However Aris is right, I would discourage any individual retaliation against these guys, I know it's tempting but don't be tempted.

It's very likely that this hack was just part of this "Foxi" character's initiation or promotion within the group. He chose an easy target as the phpbb version Franco was using was full of security holes. This version we have now is more secure.

Without going into any detail, they have been made aware that any further attempts at hacking of this forum will be reciprocated by a very embarrassing (for them) disruption of their own forum.
Trust me, they won't be back (if they have any sense).
Spuddy
Site Admin

Postby Paul Kribs » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:59 pm

Nice one Spuddy

Hope they heed the warning. Pity they don't live in the immediate vacinity as a personal confontation normally resolves a lot of issues. I know they hide behind thier PC's. My opinion of these 'people' cannot be posted on a family forum but I must say that in my social capacity I have never heard anyone admit to hacking, sending viruses or such.. Just as well really as I have no time for these 'people'. I will not comment further on this subject as these people are not clever, just lacking.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby royt » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:14 pm

Great to be up and running again !!! :D
royt
Registered Member

Postby pawclaws » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:59 pm

Spuddy wrote:
Paul Kribs wrote:
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any comeback for the scum hackers doing this

Au contraire young Terrence; a few of us have paid "Foxi" a little Cybervisit since the attack. Nothing permanent unfortunately but he should be inconvenienced for a little while. :twisted:

In return for a tasty sausage breakfast I would be happy to arrange a visit to "Foxy" from the Raiders! 8) Please tell me that this "PERSON" is at least going to stand before a judge!
Phil Foreman
AKA Pawclaws or
Sgt Kass Irons, CSA
Instructor of Cooks and QM, Mosby's Raiders
www.ohiocampcooks.org
pawclaws
Registered Member

Return to Chatter