Delayed Introduction, some pics too! LOL

Introductions and chatter

Delayed Introduction, some pics too! LOL

Postby NXGHOST » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:06 pm

Hello! My name is Chris and I recently joined this forum. I am from Port Colborne Ontario, Canada. I am not exactly new to sausage making as our family has been making Salami's/sausages for generations. However... I am new to technical sausage making. I am trying to expand my knowledge and introduce consistent and safe Salami making so I can pass that on to my two boys�. I am likely one of the younger gent's in here interested in this hobby (29yrs). I have been reading a lot from this site and have actually purchased a few items and fabricated a few items thanks to this site. I have just finished my first batch of products using a few new techniques and ingredients. We will see how they turn out. The first thing I did was build an incubator. Since almost all recipes call for incubation I figured I would build one (My elders are shaking their heads, I guess I am making it too technical! LOL). I found an old fridge and installed two lights (Overkill) and made some hardwood dowels to hang the meat. For monitoring of temperature and humidity I didn�t want to open the door to check or spend big $$ on a digital remote gauge so I used an apartment door peep hole viewer to peek at the gauges which sit inside,

Since I have the largest dam cold cellar known to man (70ft!!!) I sectioned off a small 10ft hideout.

So far the conditions have naturally been staying at 12 Celsius and 80 humidity! Perfect!

Here is my first batch of the year,

In the rear is my own recipe wine/garlic snack sticks
Front left, Westfalia Ham Salami,
Front right, Lonzino's

Anyway, that�s my lengthy introduction; I hope to learn more soon!
NXGHOST
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:46 pm

It looks like you have just about the perfect setup there for air drying salami, hams, etc. I'm quite envious.
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby aris » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:59 pm

Yes, i'm envious too :-) I wish I had a cellar.

Please post your recipes and techniques.
aris
Site Admin

Postby NXGHOST » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:29 pm

aris wrote:Yes, i'm envious too :-) I wish I had a cellar.

Please post your recipes and techniques.

Here is one recipe,

http://forum.sausagemaking.org/viewtopi ... =8462#8462
NXGHOST
Registered Member

Return to Chatter