Recent developments...

Introductions and chatter

Recent developments...

Postby vagreys » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:37 pm

I came down with a cold the night of the big feast a few weeks ago, and being a transplant patient, it has been a bit of a challenge getting back to normal, so I've not been on much. While I've been on the mend, I've had a couple of things happen.

First, I've decided to go ahead and build my cold smoker. Working on the budget, design and plans, now.

Second, I've been approached by multiple people about making stuff for other folks, and after being double-teamed the other night, gave in and decided to start an informal sign-up for sausage and charcuterie - sort of like a farmshare club, but for charcuterie. So I stared a sign-up sheet the other night at a group meeting, and have 15 foiks and orders for 40 pounds of product for my first week. We'll see how it goes. It just might fund my smoker, a couple of fridges, and a slicer. That would be nice.
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.

You have the power to donate life
vagreys
Site Admin

Re: Recent developments...

Postby quietwatersfarm » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:06 pm

this is how it starts!...

well done and stay well :)
quietwatersfarm
Registered Member

Re: Recent developments...

Postby NCPaul » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:52 pm

I'm glad you're feeling better. You may want to rethink the size of your cold smoker; the first time you cold smoke bacon for people that have never tasted it will be the last time you do it on a small scale. :D Let us know what you make for your group, it may give the rest of us some ideas for new projects.
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Return to Chatter