Secont craft fair report

Introductions and chatter

Secont craft fair report

Postby sundodger » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:59 am

Just to advise - Did another craft fair on Saturday, as the first one I did last month was a success.
A longish early morning drive took us from central Messinia on the Peloponnese, around the bay to Stoupa, on the coast & in the shadow of the Tagetos mountain range - An area beloved of Brit ex pats.
A very pleasant day was had & of fifteen kilos of dry cured bacon taken, twelve were snapped up, as well as a fifteen kilo mix of plain pork sausages & Lincoln style & an additional three kilos of a Chicken, red pepper, sundried tomato & fresh basil sausage that I dreamed up & turned out to be very tasty :D All the sausages went, so for personal use I am stuck with bacon only for a while ! I also dispatched seven kilos of black pudding, two kilos of shoulder ham, two kilos of a Turkey ham (didn't know what else to call it) twenty Scotch eggs (these are so popular) & four boxes of spare ribs in sauce . I just love these craft fairs & get a real kick out of providing the community with essential goods :) Must admit though - Making what was eighteen kilos of sausage (cooling & mincing the meat, mixing & stuffing) all in one day as near to the fair as possible, to provide fresh sausage & with only a stuffer attachment on the grinder, proved to be real hard going - Got to have an equipment rethink !
Nostalgia is not what it used to be !
sundodger
Registered Member

Re: Secont craft fair report

Postby captain wassname » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Well done you badly need a dedicated stuffer.

Jin
now merely fat
captain wassname
Registered Member

Postby yotmon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:31 pm

Sounds like your doing okay. Just plough any profits into your 'dedicated stuffer fund' and then it will feel like it's coming out of someone else's pocket and not yours. It will make your life a lot easier, especially when making them for others.

yotmon.
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill
yotmon
Registered Member

Postby Wunderdave » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:27 pm

18 kilos using a grinder to stuff? You're made of stronger stuff than I am.
Wunderdave
Registered Member

Postby sundodger » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:47 pm

All meat ground, all mixes carried out & all stuffing done - Altogether took me about eight hours including "Faffing about" Right shoulder & neck ache for two days after ! Not wishing to repeat the performance !
Nostalgia is not what it used to be !
sundodger
Registered Member

Return to Chatter