Peta kills animals

Introductions and chatter

Postby othmar » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:35 pm

aris wrote:Canadian, Eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what did you guys think of the South Park film, Eh? :lol:

Aris (born in Toronto)

I have not seen that film sorry. So you are from Toronto Eh? You never would have left if you where born in Beautiful British Columbia. :wink:
Meat is good and healthy Master Butchers Choice
othmar
Registered Member

Postby othmar » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:41 pm

Paul Kribs wrote:Othmar / Gill

It would seem that our cultures have got their wires crossed over the interpretation of the word 'ignorant'. I am no scholar but have always deemed it to mean 'unknowing' or 'not fully conversant'. Unfortunately here in the UK the meaning has altered somewhat and is now considered 'rude'. Normally it is used here in an aggressive manner to disparage somebody, which should not be the case.

Regards, Paul Kribs

You maybe right Paul. Unfortunatly I am not up to speed with political correctness atoll and all the new words they come up with. For me black is still black.

Funny thing here Paul you seem to be a very thirsty dude. Every time I see one of your posts there you are sitting in left hand bottom corner with a pint of Lager in the hand :D
othmar
Registered Member

Postby aris » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:47 pm

othmar wrote:
aris wrote:Canadian, Eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what did you guys think of the South Park film, Eh? :lol:

Aris (born in Toronto)

I have not seen that film sorry. So you are from Toronto Eh? You never would have left if you where born in Beautiful British Columbia. :wink:

I suggest all Canadians see the film 'South Park - Bigger, Longer, and Uncut'

Buy it for Christmas now!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00002 ... 1134486876

(please ignore this suggestion if you are easily offended)
aris
Site Admin

Postby welsh wizard » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:32 pm

Hi Othmar

I hope it is a case of interpretaion again because I do hope Paul is drinking some real ale and not lager as you suggest :lol:

Cheers WW
welsh wizard
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:11 pm

Haven't tasted ale or lager for almost a year now. I have a drop of cider sometimes but mostly red wine now.. which I do not enjoy as much.. but nursey told me that is what I must drink.. She told me I can have 2 glasses a day.. she didn't tell me what size glass :shock: Not quite the same drinking red wine out of my pewter pint pot though. :wink:

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby J.P. » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:53 pm

Maybe you're not drinking the right red whine.

What do you usually have?

It's a shame about the ale ban,
as a member of CAMRA, I know it must be awful.
J.P.
-
Eat, Drink, Be Merry and Prepare
For the Lupercalia Approaches.
February 15!
-
'Quel che non ammazza, ingrassa.'
J.P.
Registered Member

Postby aris » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:08 pm

Why the ban on ale? What's the difference between the alcohol in ale and the alcohol in wine? Wine tends to have more actually.
aris
Site Admin

Postby Michelle » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:32 pm

Of course you are that Georgie Now the lights go on all over in my brain. What can I say, I am getting older and my brain is not so swift anymore. Well as a British Columbian you are much more than just a fellow, we are almost brothers sharing the same problems like been ignored and patronized by Ottawa and having to deal with a liberal government helping themselves to our money.

Yes,I too feel just the same about Ottawa and our money!As for my name Georgie,it is a nickname my 2 Brothers gave me when I was born because they didnt want a Sister!They came around and actually like me now!LOL Maybe I should change my name to Georgie girl?I am open for suggestions?
Michelle
Registered Member

Postby J.P. » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:38 pm

aris wrote:Why the ban on ale? What's the difference between the alcohol in ale and the alcohol in wine? Wine tends to have more actually.

Wine has different properties.

1. It's usually got less sugar, due to more conversion into alcohol.

2. It's less liable to induce gout in patients at risk.

3. In patients with heart conditions,
it has been seen that it helps reduce risk
with various helpful polyphenols and antioxidants, with
red wines containing the highest quantities.
J.P.
-
February 15!
-
J.P.
Registered Member

Postby othmar » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:53 am

Georgie wrote:
Of course you are that Georgie Now the lights go on all over in my brain. What can I say, I am getting older and my brain is not so swift anymore. Well as a British Columbian you are much more than just a fellow, we are almost brothers sharing the same problems like been ignored and patronized by Ottawa and having to deal with a liberal government helping themselves to our money.

Yes,I too feel just the same about Ottawa and our money!As for my name Georgie,it is a nickname my 2 Brothers gave me when I was born because they didnt want a Sister!They came around and actually like me now!LOL Maybe I should change my name to Georgie girl?I am open for suggestions?

Ooooops, put my foot right in it. How deseiving a name can be. I have a pet name too which my mother gave me, "Sasha" which is an unisex Russian name but in the west mainly used for Girls. My wife is the only one permited to call me by that name and before her I only would tolerate it if my mother called me with that name. Everybody else, depending on my mood would either get a look that could kill or got chased with a big stick.

Any suggestions? Mmmmm, I am not good with names, maybe Georgina?or Lady Georgia?
othmar
Registered Member

Postby othmar » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:03 am

welsh wizard wrote:Hi Othmar

I hope it is a case of interpretaion again because I do hope Paul is drinking some real ale and not lager as you suggest :lol:

Cheers WW

Of course in England they drink more ale not lager, silly me, I should have known lived long enough in merry old England near Longleat Safari Park the exact place for those who live around there was, Over-Wallop which is near Stockbridge and Andover, Hampshire. I have some very fond memories of that beautiful area and the nice people there.
othmar
Registered Member

Postby othmar » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:11 am

This tread has been badly hijacked from PETA Kills we went neatly to beer and wine. Tell you what though I rather talk about meat, beer and wine any day than about PETA morons. Let's eat drink and be merry tomorrow it may be all over. Or as we in Canada say; "Live a little, Eh" :lol: :lol:
othmar
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:58 am

@ aris

J.P. has hit the nail on the head with his explanation. Mainly down to the sugar aspect of it. Pity really as I did like the homebrew as well as the decent selection of ales now available in the supermarkets.

@ J.P.

The red wines I drink are at the cheaper end, shiraz's, cotes de rhone's, clarets etc. They usually retail at under �4.50 a bottle. I don't enjoy the stuff enough to warrant spending a lot on it. I have tried the slightly more expensive ones and still don't enjoy them anywhere near as much as a decent pint. I may deviate from the medical advice and try a few over xmas.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby aris » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:24 am

Not having tried brewing myself, I wonder if it is possible to make 'dry' ale - i.e. converting all the residual sugars to alcohol as is done in dry wine.

Boy - this really is going off topic ;-)
aris
Site Admin

Postby J.P. » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:42 am

Topic? there was a topic?! :D

You can use wine yeast with a barley mash,
that gives you a Barley Wine.

You don't have to make them, tho'. You already buy them,
they are basically ales that are up about 8-11% ABV,
very strong.

But there is still a heck of a lot of sugar left...
(I would assume still too much?...Paul?)

Paul Kribs wrote:The red wines I drink are at the cheaper end, shiraz's, cotes de rhone's, clarets etc. They usually retail at under �4.50 a bottle. I don't enjoy the stuff enough to warrant spending a lot on it. I have tried the slightly more expensive ones and still don't enjoy them anywhere near as much as a decent pint. I may deviate from the medical advice and try a few over xmas.

Regards, Paul Kribs

Paul, do you prefer the tanniny (slightly bitter (amaro)) type?
or do you like the fruity, 'juicy' lighter type more?

I'd also suggest looking about for a deal on a mixed red case (Really good deals on some around now, too., (it also means it equals out as less when you buy a ready mixed case), with whatever you prefer or, just a good balanced case, so you can try all different types and see what you like, note it down, and look for something similar
J.P.
-
February 15!
-
J.P.
Registered Member

PreviousNext

Return to Chatter