I came across this and as I am sought ov up on bacon I just wondered about it

Comments ??
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/10/1 ... latestnews
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Re: Is it true??

Postby Dogfish » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:33 pm

I'd bet it hasn't mentioned the reasonable links as thus: processed meat eaters are likely to be 'bigger', fat lowers testosterone/raises estrogen in men, both of which can lower sperm count. Furthermore analyzing in vitro exclusive of regular reproductivity seems a little stupid.

Frankly though it seems like a half-wit study by half-wits for half-wits, so some effete fun police can make themselves feel good for eating their carrots and organic granola.
Chip the glasses and crack the plates!
Dogfish
Registered Member

Postby Laripu » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:33 am

I've also read that certain chemicals in hops increase estrogen in men. I believe that anything done to excess will end up bad for you. Getting a varied diet that includes lots of different proteins, vegetables, fruit, grain, cheese etc, plus exercise is probably best, barring allergies or such.

Varied means beer and bacon are ok...just as long as every meal isn't beer and bacon :)

My wife makes me some incredible vegetable and fruit and honey smoothies. I love 'em. I drink 'em with sausages and beer.

One more thing. I won't let anyone measure my sperm.
Dort wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen. - Heinrich Heine.
Laripu
Registered Member

Postby Mohalk » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:26 pm

BriCan wrote:I came across this and as I am sought ov up on bacon I just wondered about it

Comments ??
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/10/1 ... latestnews

Myself I have a problem with anything any of what I call main stream media have to say/report on. The views presented are paid for by one interest group or another. When I was a young man I thought I could trust what I saw on the TV news and read in the news papers but I feel so foolish I did.

Take cancer, I feel there has been several cures already found but due to the amount of money being made on people with cancer that a cure and or real prevention can not be permitted. Big farma and medical industry will lose billions yearly. People need to be sick so the rich can get richer.

I could go on and on but...

Al
Old school! Why? I'm old.
Mohalk
Registered Member

Postby ComradeQ » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:35 pm

Also keep in mind the "mainstream media" we are talking about is foxnews, about as accurate as a pregnancy test done blind in a room full of pregnant women ... believe very little of what they say!

With that said, if there is any accuracy to it then I will be making myself an extra large bacon sarny this morning and will call it birth control! Sweet, two birds with one stone!
ComradeQ
Registered Member

Postby Laripu » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:48 pm

ComradeQ wrote:Also keep in mind the "mainstream media" we are talking about is foxnews, about as accurate as a pregnancy test done blind in a room full of pregnant women ... believe very little of what they say!

I pronounce it Fox, but think "faux". ;)
Dort wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen. - Heinrich Heine.
Laripu
Registered Member

Return to Chatter