Introductions and chatter

Postby MarkD51 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:16 pm

Hello Folks, I'm a new member here, just joined moments ago. Am surely going to enjoy being a member amongst you fine folks, and am looking to learn and enjoy some of these arts.

Some short history about myself, a male, soon to be 59 on the 12th, born and raised in Chicago, I'm 1/2 Italian, 1/2 English, lived in Sheboygan Wisc, from the late '60's, early 70's. I currently live in Alamogordo, NM. Been here ten years so far.

I of course have an immense love of sausage, smoked meats, cured meats-sausages of all sorts. Many 100's though I have never experienced, and perhaps will learn, and experiment with some I've never had.

While I'm not a total stranger to making sausages and curing meats, I would consider myself a newbie against the seasoned folks, or professionals.

Most recently, I finally broke down, after many years of wanting and bought an LEM #5 Meat Grinder. I have some regular Hog Casings coming from Sausagemaker.com, and look forward to trying my hand at some basic recipes.

Look forward to having great fun! Nice to meet you all! Mark
MarkD51
Registered Member

Re: New Member

Postby yotmon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:49 pm

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy the wealth of knowledge and assistance on here, plus there's plenty of recipes to get your teeth into (literally).

ATB Yotmon.
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill
yotmon
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:12 pm

Hi Mark, Welcome. :D :D

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby Mohalk » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Howdy Mark!

Al