Cricket...ouch for England

Introductions and chatter

Cricket...ouch for England

Postby Dingo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:26 am

Writing in The Telegraph Scyld Berry said:

"The third day of this third Test arguably surpassed the last day of the Adelaide Test in 2006-7 as England's most demoralising this century - since the advent of the national academy, central contracts, Duncan Fletcher, and methodical planning.

In the article Paul Newman went on: "It doesn’t get much worse than this. It was the day when the wheels flew off, an embarrassing day of almost total English humiliation.

The headline of the Daily Mail summed it up: "The most diabolical day of this torrid tour as shambolic England collapse."

Ouch! Chins Up chaps...we'll look after them ashes for ya :D
Dingo
Registered Member

Re: Cricket...ouch for England

Postby Dingo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:40 pm

Sorry....i couldn't resist :roll:

Dingo
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Whilst I feel a patriotic obligation to make some form of witty reply, I won't! Firstly, like the England team, there's no defense, and secondly, I find test cricket to be the most boring pastime known to man to the extent that I believe that radio listening figures rise, when it's raining!

Phil :lol: :lol:
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby Dingo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Aww come on mate....that's not "the way of the stiff upper lip"! It is your patriotic duty to cuss me out or at least make some references to colonial criminals etc :shock:

If you think Test Cricket is bad.....try watching American Baseball! I couldn't make it through a game without being heavily sedated :wink: before hand.
Dingo
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:19 pm

That's just reminded me. The very 'upper-crust' cricket commentator Henry Blofeld, when questioned by Australian Customs Officers as to whether he had a crimnal record, is alleged to have replied, in an upperclass 'Oxford' accent: "Sorry, old chap, I didn't realise you still needed one!"

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby Dingo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Bump...tish..!!! Good one Phil! :D I hadn't heard that one.

This is a nice (if you're aussie) summary of the test for people who dont have 3 days to spare.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2013/12/16/uk-newspapers-declare-ashes-day-three-at-waca-most-demoralising-this-century

Dont get me wrong.....I still like you pommy buggers :D Just like to stick it you every now & then :shock:

No other pommie blighters want to weigh in?????
Dingo
Registered Member

Postby crustyo44 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:16 am

Dingo,
I am an Australian and I came with a Passport, Visa and a host of other paperwork, unlike a heaps of others recently.
My wife is a Pom and she is totally demoralised how we flogged them in the cricket.
She blames the weather, the pitch, the list is endless.
We were just a superior team.
Cheers Mate,
Jan
crustyo44
Registered Member

Return to Chatter