Hi from Stockport

Introductions and chatter

Hi from Stockport

Postby Fishwick » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:56 pm

Hi Everyone

I've been lurking around the site for a while and thought it was about time I said Hi. I live in Stockport just outside Manchester and am new to Curing and Sausage making so I'm really glad I found your great site. I've found loads of really useful info already. I've already tried the Bacon recipe from the Curing section which turned out pretty well and I'm keen to get started making Sausages (and continue with the Bacon obviously).

I was given a mincer / stuffer for Christmas so just need to pick up some ingredients from site shop and I'll be all ready to go. I already have a smoker and enjoy doing Pulled Pork, Ribs and that type of thing. I also have a ProQ Cold Smoke Generator so I'm keen to get some Bacon and Sausage in there as well (any suggestions for a good smoked Sausage / Bacon recipes will be gratefully received :D ).

I'm sure I'll have some questions for you all so I guess I'll see you in the beginners / FAQ sections (apologies in advance for any stupid questions!!!).

Cheers

Craig
Fishwick
Registered Member

Re: Hi from Stockport

Postby Ruralidle » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:22 pm

Greetings Fishwick (Craig)

Welcome to the forum. There is an awful lot of information here if you search for it. A great thread about Cumberland sausage and plenty of bacon and ham curing info. We have a number of very experienced and knowledgeable members and Wheels' blog and basic bacon recipe is useful. http://www.localfoodheroes.co.uk/calcul ... ure_bacon/ . Also, his soft white roll recipe is a "go to" standard for many members.

Enjoy your adventures in curing, sausage-making and smoking.

Ruralidle (Richard)
Ruralidle
Registered Member

Postby Fishwick » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:28 pm

Hey Ruralidle

Thanks for the welcome and the link to the other site. I've had a quick look and it looks like another great source of info.

I'm sure I'll be a regular visitor there and I'll be making some of those soft white rolls sooner rather than later. I've been looking for a good roll to go with Pulled Pork and these look perfect.

Cheers

Craig
Fishwick
Registered Member

Postby NCPaul » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:31 pm

Welcome to the forum. :D Lots of helpful people here and there is a great beginners guide to making sausage in the beginner section.
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby Fishwick » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:41 pm

NCPaul wrote:Welcome to the forum. :D Lots of helpful people here and there is a great beginners guide to making sausage in the beginner section.

Cheers NCPaul

I'm going to be attempting my first batch of Sausages next weekend so I'll be all over the beginners guide!

Cheers

Craig
Fishwick
Registered Member

Return to Chatter