Thoughts?

Introductions and chatter

Thoughts?

Postby txpodunk » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:12 pm

I have quite a bit of Herbs de Provence left over from another cooking project. Anybody ever use it for 3/4 pork 1/4 beef link sausage? How'd it turn out? Think I should smoke the links after?

The ingredients show: Chervil, Basil, Rosemary, Tamarind, Garlic, Lavender, Marjoram, Savory, Thyme and Parsley.

I'd add cure salt and black pepper
txpodunk
Newly Registered

Re: Thoughts?

Postby NCPaul » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:03 pm

Welcome to the forum. :D I couldn't find any recipe with Herbs de Provence but there is no reason not to try them if you like the flavor profile. Let us know how much you add and what result you got for future reference.
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Re: Thoughts?

Postby txpodunk » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:53 pm

I wound up using:

3 lbs coarse ground pork
2 lbs lean ground beef (grocery store grind)
2 tbs Herbs de Provence (rosemary,garlic,lavender,thyme,parsley,tarragon,marjoram,basil,savory,sage, and chervil) Morton & Bassett brand from San Francisco.
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp cure salt
1 tbs Kosher salt
black pepper to taste about 1 1/2 tsp

It came out pretty good. More of a breakfast sausage taste than a savory one. I've got some of it in the smoker now to see if that improves it or wrecks it.

Note: on the original post, I was at work and looked up the ingredients for the Herbs de Provence. I had the wrong brand. I added the correct ingredients in the recipe I made.
txpodunk
Newly Registered

Return to Chatter