a little help plz.. yet again another bacon question

Introductions and chatter

a little help plz.. yet again another bacon question

Postby Onlymenotu » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:10 am

Hi ya'll I bought a brine/cure kit for making some bacon and split the kit up as it made to mutch for one time bacon make'en session... I weighted and split everything up and vaccum seal everything,, this should keep it good for a extended period of time * searched the site read anywhere from 6 months to a year* but was looking and never found any info on is it safe to freeze the brine & dc cure or is it better left in the frig. or just on a shelf in the closet in the dark * ie at room temp*

and the second part of the ? is
is this long enuff?
Directions
pump the meat at 20% with the brine-cure mixture
and place the meat in to a plastic container along with the rest of the brine- cure mixture and allow to soak for 24 hours. Remove and process the meat and cook untill the internal temp reaches 160 def F

from what I've been reading on here most people here say a min of one day per 1/2 inch of thickness + two days * is that right or am I all lost?* ? will leaving it in the brine-cure a couple extra days have any ill effect on it? and as for removing and cooking,,,, I'm assuming they talking eating as in at the very moment... it can be sliced and frozen and cook when your/I'm ready to eat it at a later date.... * ie it doesn't have to be precooked before slicing and freezing right?* :oops: sorry for the stupid/silly questions... I just want to make this as safe as possable for my family* who will be eating my disasters* :lol:
Onlymenotu
Registered Member

Return to Chatter