chatter

Introductions and chatter

chatter

Postby mevisblair » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:30 am

hi every body,
can some body please show me how to make bacon,iam a bacon lover but i dont know how to make bacon,how to cure it etc.

mevis
mevisblair
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:20 am

I think the simplest way would be to buy a ready made cure from Franco and follow the instuctions on the leaflet provided in the cure. This will give immediate results.

Click here.

Then do some research on the internet about the chemicals needed for cureing meat as some of them are toxic.

As ther does not seem to be a difinitive answer on the internet the only way seems to be to buy a book on the subject.

The Link at the end of this line perhaps will give some insight into the chemicals used.
Click here

Below is a couple of recipe sites with lots of recipies for bacon, ham, and sausages.

pacbell.net
Stuffers.com

This link was first posted by Aris it has loads of good infomation about bacon curing.

Click here

I hope this helps.
Oddley
Registered Member

chatter

Postby mevisblair » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:20 pm

Thank you oddley,
for answering my request,i really want to do what my friends are doing their,1. i cant find any fillers here.2.i cant buy any of the sausage spices here,thanx to you guys i can mix the spices from what i read on this forum,i dont even know how the smoke looks like.vaccum,i have no idea ,there is nothing here they dont sell only big super markets have them for there use,they only make sausages for sell in the super market only.i dont know why, if you ask them they say they buy them from uk or america if you ask the address the workers are scared to give you ,iam getting depressed if i find the address other people say they cant ship them to baharian,i enjoy cooking, i cant stop wanting to learn alot and i want to do them my self,now how do i do that with out any of these.i can buy a mincer here they sell them i the super markets. they dont sell fillers,you cant find them here, and when i want some sausage spices i always ask my sister from zambia to buy for me and give to some body who is coming here.i dont know what to do if only some body can help me iam depressed i always feel an happy when i read from the forum alot of members writing about how they made the sausages,bacon,salami etc.if aris , franco or an body can help i will be very happy iam ready to buy these things but how do i bring them here.
mervis
Last edited by mevisblair on Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mevisblair
Registered Member

Shipping to Bahrain

Postby Franco » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:29 pm

I can now ship to bahrain please let me know what you are interested in and I will work out a price for the transport.

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

chatter

Postby mevisblair » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:44 pm

hi franco,
i didnt know that you are there reading my letter,at least iam happy, and its like you are watching me the way you have responded so quick. : :o i cant wait to receive the things i have been waiting for, for a long time.you can tell me how much it will cost me to buy and ship the filler,smoke liquid or smoker,rust and i think any think i can use for making sausages etc.franco i cant say how happy iam.
mevis
mevisblair
Registered Member

chatter

Postby mevisblair » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:07 am

franco,
i think i can start with two items first.1.complete sausage making kit just add meat and complete salami making kit with mincer.send me the break down buying and shipping and if you have them in stock.and any other useful things for sausage making etc.

mevis
mevisblair
Registered Member

Return to Chatter