Response from your web Guy

Introductions and chatter

recipes

Postby Franco » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:56 pm

Deb,
it was generally agreed that the forum did need tidying up, and the main work to be done was to bundle the recipes together from the forum and any others that people wanted to add, that's what we've tried to do. I think of this forum as a community and want it to continue as such.

Regards

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

Postby deb » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:40 am

I think the idea of having all the recipes in one place with a search facility is an excellent idea. As I stated on my earlier post I would have preferred it on the forum rather than the main site, but if it being on the main site helps keep your business going we're all going to benefit from that.

What I should have added earlier was that I find the layout of the actual recipe "not quite right".
I like the access to the recipes, then on to the type of recipe e.g. Fresh (raw sausage), then on to the actual recipe title e.g. Cumberland Sausage and then comes the part I don't like a great deal.
I'm not a big fan of the Acrobat Reader thing, but there is obviously some reason way beyond my comprehension why this is needed, so be it. My real dislike is with the actual recipe layout. I like the picture, it's always good to see the final product, I also like the info about "recipe type" "country" etc., but what lets it down as far as I'm concerned is the way the ingredients and method are listed. I don't like the way the Imperial, Metric and Percentages are positioned, I really like the fact that all three are there but just not the way they are shown. I would also much prefer to have the method written under the ingredients list not next to it. Finally I find the text a bit small.

This is just thee way I prefer to view things, it obviously won't stop me from using the recipes at all, I just put it in as you were after feedback. If it changes all well and good as far as I'm concerned, if not so be it.
Skinny Cooks Can't Be Trusted
deb
Registered Member

feedback

Postby Franco » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:45 pm

Deb,
Thanks for the feedback, the first recipe we did was a trial run and can be amended easily, I am going to do them in future in portrait format as a couple of people have mentioned they prefer them that way.

PDF seems to be the preferred way to have these listed so that's the way we've done it, the main reason is that they are easier to print off as you don't have to start cutting and pasting from the site to MS word.

Regards

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

Postby deb » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:44 pm

Franco, sorry to say I don't know what portrait format is. Is it along the lines of what I was saying?

I assume that PDF is the acrobat thingy, seems a good enough reason to me.

Just to ask again is there any chance of making the text bigger? My eyes are getting a bit old and tired these days.
deb
Registered Member

portrait

Postby Franco » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:17 pm

Deb,

Portrait format is the layout of the page in a vertical format as opposed to landscape ie horizontal. I will make the type a little bigger on the next recipes,

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

Postby deb » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:46 pm

Thanks Franco.
deb
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Chatter