Franco's On-Line Recipes

Introductions and chatter

Franco's On-Line Recipes

Postby deb » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:33 pm

I've just had another look at the recipes on the main site (hoped there would be some more on there) and I think the layout is much improved. The larger text and having the method under the ingredients is much better IMHO.

Just thought I'd mention it as I think feedback is welcomed.
Skinny Cooks Can't Be Trusted
deb
Registered Member

recipes

Postby Franco » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:38 pm

Thanks Debby,

we're on with the recipes now, quite a few people have mailed them in and we're working our way through them. I'm gradually taking them off the forum and will credit them where possible.

Keep them coming.

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

Comments on Sausage pdf format

Postby Parson Snows » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:04 pm

Recipe pdf database layout comments

Cumberland Sausage
1) Typically the ingredient list follows the order used in the recipe. Recommend follow this principal
2) US fl.oz and US pints differ from those of the UK
3) No overall weight of batch indicated, recommend include these
4) Pepper should be stated as black or white as required
5) Pinch of salt ?
6) Percentages should line up 20.00 % , 4.00 % etc.
7) Under the method section the entry �cumberland sausage� should be capitalized

Kind regards

Parson Snows
Heavenly Father Bless us
And keep us all alive
There's ten around the table
And food enough for five... Amen
Parson Snows
Registered Member

cumberland

Postby Franco » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:26 pm

The recipe on the site was a temporary one that Andy pulled off the net, we are in the middle of writing more in the correct format.

Len Poli has agreed for us to post all his recipes on our database and will be credited fully.

Franco

Keep the recipes coming..
Franco
Site Admin

Recipe format

Postby Parson Snows » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:45 pm

Franco wrote
The recipe on the site was a temporary one that Andy pulled off the net, we are in the middle of writing more in the correct format.

I noticed that this was totally different than the Cumberland Sausage recipe that you have on Len Poli's site (a copy of which I posted on this forum a while back) What I am suggesting is put a "complete recipe" out there first so that it may commented on before too many are finished off in the "correct format".

Franco wrote
Len Poli has agreed for us to post all his recipes on our database and will be credited fully

Good news... Everyone benefits

kind regards

Parson Snows
Heavenly Father Bless us
And keep us all alive
Parson Snows
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:09 pm

I have only tried one recipe from Len poli. It was the recipe for pastrami and it worked well. Even knowing what I know now the about nitrites it was a good recipe.
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby Parson Snows » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:23 pm

Oddley wrote
I have only tried one recipe from Len poli. It was the recipe for pastrami and it worked well. Even knowing what I know now the about nitrites it was a good recipe.

As I have stated before "Though I have never made any of Len Poli's recipes I have downloaded them all (which took some time) and have read them all thoroughly. I personally find his recipes to be generally clear and concise, though I don't always agree with everything that he says (and I'm sure that he won't agree with everything that I say, that's life). Certainly a good place to start. Just remember THESE RECIPES ARE FREE. " As I mentioned posting Len's (and by the way Glenn's) recipes I feel that you can only benefit.

kind regards

Parson Snows
Heavenly Father Bless us
And keep us all alive
Parson Snows
Registered Member

Standard Recipe format

Postby Parson Snows » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:49 pm

I would suggest that the following be added/considered for the standard recipe format

This
1) gives credit to the provider/author/source
2) the user knows the filename that they need to look for once it has been downloaded to their computer (if they choose to download)
3) the forum members are made aware of the level of expertise required. This should help to avoid any disappointments/failures.

You may also want to consider an entry for �Special Equipment Required� this would cover vacuum machines, smokehouses, brinemeters, meat pumps etc.

Kind regards

Parson Snows
Heavenly Father Bless us
And keep us all alive
Parson Snows
Registered Member

Return to Chatter