Help for distant lands

Introductions and chatter

Help for distant lands

Postby the southender » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:15 pm

:(
Well here's the story, Myself and my family have moved to the Dominican Republic. We have been here for nearly two months, we are having trouble finding food that we like. Before we left I ate sausage's as though they where going out of fashion, with a whole grain mustard mash. So I have started trying sausages here, German, as there is a German Butchers down the road. But no English bangers anywhere, so I downloaded a receipe. A traditional breakfast sausage receipe. I have found a sausage machine that somebody no longer requires, but skins. This is going to be the hard part. what do I look for, can anyone tell me if there is an artifical skin I can order and have sent to a mail box in the Dominican Republic and collect them. Any help please.
Thanks
the southender
Newly Registered

Sausage Skins

Postby Parson Snows » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:27 pm

First of all welcome to the forum
You wrote
Before we left I ate sausage's as though they where going out of fashion, with a whole grain mustard mash

Mustard recipes are also posted on this forum http://forum.sausagemaking.org/viewtopic.php?t=316

You also wrote
but skins. This is going to be the hard part. what do I look for, can anyone tell me if there is an artifical skin I can order and have sent to a mail box in the Dominican Republic and collect them.

Ask the German Butcher for some of the skins that he uses or clean your own if you're up to it. Or you can possibly order some from this site, though I would check with customs first to see if there would be any problems bringing them in.

I hope that this information is of some help

kind regards

Parson Snows

PS post your sausage recipe here if you would like it commented on
Last edited by Parson Snows on Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heavenly Father Bless us
And keep us all alive
There's ten around the table
And food enough for five... Amen
Parson Snows
Registered Member

skins

Postby Franco » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:54 pm

I can post the skins to you, the artificial ones weigh hardy anything so postage is cheap.

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

Collagen Skins

Postby Parson Snows » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:35 pm

They are still technically a Meat Product and should be checked first with the Customs and Excise department. For example no food or animal products are allowed to be taken into Australia, a friend of mine had his snake skin boots confiscated until his departure ... and he was wearing them at the time.

kind regards

Parson Snows
Heavenly Father Bless us
And keep us all alive
There's ten around the table
And food enough for five... Amen
Parson Snows
Registered Member

Return to Chatter