Anyone making and selling ??

Introductions and chatter

Postby Yorkie_Porkie » Mon May 23, 2005 11:53 am

Deer Man,

I thought there was some law or another relating to the selling / producing with Game. I do know that if you sell game you need a license, will have to look more closely at what you need to use it in production....

YP
Yorkie_Porkie
Registered Member

Postby Deer Man » Mon May 23, 2005 8:23 pm

The best advice I can give is do not listen to others! Get the exact requirments from the Enviromental Health Officer!

He will help you if you explain what you are trying to do.
Safe Shooting, Good Hunting, Eat Well!
Deer Man
Registered Member

Postby Spuddy » Mon May 23, 2005 9:29 pm

Deer Man is right, if the EHO thinks your home is OK then you can do it. You need to satisfy their requirements but you CAN make products in your home kitchen for sale provided it is up to scratch. Give them a call, ask them round and get them to advise you. They will tell you what you need to change in order to comply with regulations.
They ARE there to help. Don't be afraid to speak to them.
Spuddy
Site Admin

Postby Yorkie_Porkie » Mon May 23, 2005 11:17 pm

Guys, I have had some chats with my local EHO already, there are indeed there to help. I am inviting them round once I have drawn up the plans I have for a small conversion so they can satisfy themselves that what I am proposing will be up to scratch. They are more than happy to do that for me and this is good to start off on the right foot so to speak. They will come round again when the work is done to satisfy themselves that all is well before issuing the required certificate.

My home kitchen would not be suitable, even though it is only a year since I had a re-fit, its not big enough and there isnt a hand basin and extra sink for washing equipment as well as food, which is a requirment.

BTW, my local EHO contact is a she !

YP
Yorkie_Porkie
Registered Member

Postby Deer Man » Tue May 24, 2005 6:10 am

YP don't forget you will still need the license from the post office, a nominal fee is �6!. Registration etc may vary?

I think you will have to get the planning office in from the council since building regs changed dramaticly this year :twisted:
Deer Man
Registered Member

Postby Yorkie_Porkie » Tue May 24, 2005 10:06 am

DM

There is indeed a fair bit to sort out !....

YP
Yorkie_Porkie
Registered Member

Postby Deer Man » Tue May 24, 2005 7:34 pm

YP,

the game dealers licence is �4 not �6. Save the other �2 towards those smooth impervious walls etc!

Good Luck! :wink:
Deer Man
Registered Member

Postby Yorkie_Porkie » Tue May 24, 2005 11:11 pm

Deer Man,

Thanks for the info, will go and get one as and when !! :D

YP
Yorkie_Porkie
Registered Member

Postby Robd » Wed May 25, 2005 7:35 am

Hi I am in the middle of opening a deli in my home town with a view of selling our own bacon, sausage, pies .cooked meat etc, did the basic food hygene course then to find out I need a butchers licence which meant I had to go on the HACCP course but according to the MLC you don't need a licence to make sausage and bacon, but I'm going to sell scotch beef etc so I needed the licence, but as from Jan 2006 they are talking of stopping the butchers licence in favor of everyone complying to HACCP.

Cheers

Rob
Robd
Registered Member

Postby Yorkie_Porkie » Wed May 25, 2005 10:43 am

Robd,

Thanks for that, hows it all going then ?...have you left full time employment to do this or been working for yourself for a while ?

YP
Yorkie_Porkie
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Chatter