Sausage Making Workshop

Introductions and chatter

Sausage Making Workshop

Postby sausagemaker » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:36 pm

Hi All

I have spoken to my boss who owns a large independent seasoning house in the north east with a large test kitchen facility, about a sausage making workshop.
We have a Mincer, mixer, bowl cutter, power filler etc.
He has agreed in principle but I need to know the following before any commitment is made.

1.Is there any real interest
2.What kind of products do you wish to know about
3.Would you be willing to travel to the North East for a Saturday workshop
4.What kind of cost would you be willing to pay (We would supply all pork meats seasonings etc), my time would of coarse be free but other things need paying for.
5.Would you want hotel accommodation?
6.When would you want the course to take place

For my part I would be willing to take you through the basics of sausage making with an in depth discussion on the types of meats, sausage casings, seasonings, fillers etc, followed by a sausage making session which you will all make your own sausage & shown how to hand link.

If there is any interest at all please either use the forum for feed back or PM me

Regards
Sausagemaker
Advice
Often sought, seldom taken
sausagemaker
Registered Member

Postby David. » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:04 pm

I would be very interested in attending your course. Hope to be in the U.K. during August. I would need hotel accomodation. Will the course be held close to Manchester?

Good of you to put this on. Hope you get a good response.

David.
David.
Registered Member

Postby deb » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:23 am

I'm certainly interested but it does depend on exactly where, when, cost etc.
I'd probably need hotel or B&B accomodation as I live in East Anglia and it'd be a bit far for a day trip.
Hope you get a good response. I'm sure most would be interested and willing to foot the bill for ingredients etc. but maybe the location will be a bit difficult for some.
Skinny Cooks Can't Be Trusted
deb
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:30 am

Sausagemaker

I think it is an excellent idea.

Unfortunately I would not be able to attend. I am hoping to have my medical restriction lifted shortly and will have weekend work commitments. Also, it's a long way for me.

I hope it is successful, and wonder if you have considered maybe videoing some of the procedings and making up a DVD for those unable to attend.

Good luck with the venture.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby aris » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:33 am

Yes, too far for me too.

I would have thought that a Sausage/Salami making/curing DVD would go down quite well. It would take alot of effort to do properly, but at least the methods are unlikely to change over the next 50 years, so it would have some longevity.

A DVD on how to butcher whole carcases would also be interesting.
aris
Site Admin

Postby Oddley » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:47 pm

Hi Sausagemaker I'm up for it, me the wife my daughter and her boyfriend. Will make a weekend of it. Me for the sausage making them for the scenery an such. let me know if it comes off.
Oddley
Registered Member

Return to Chatter