Panhas - use of brawn stock

Introductions and chatter

Panhas - use of brawn stock

Postby Hobbitfeet » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:01 pm

I've just been making some brawn and after a chat with Oddley remembered these recipes which has been in my family for over 120 years...

PANHAS

After taking out the head, etc for making brawn, head cheese (fromage de tete!), bring the remaining liquor to a boil and add cornmeal (polenta, but not the pre-cooked stuff) slowly so there are no lumps so ythat you get something with the consistency of wallpaper paste. Season with salt, black pepper ground coriander and marjoram. Cook for 30 - 40 minutes, stirring frrequently to prevent burning. Pour out into shallow pans and cool. When ready, slice and fry. Serve with good sausages, loads of bacon, a few tomatoes...you won't need to eat again for ...oooh... :wink: hours!
"I would not enter on my list of friends (Though graced with polished manners and fine sense, yet wanting sensibility) the man who needlessly sets foot upon a worm." William Cowper.
Hobbitfeet
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:06 pm

That's a good idea Hobbitfeet. I've got 3 large pots on the go full of pigs head pieces ATM. So I will have loads of stock left.
Oddley
Registered Member

Return to Chatter