Hey Sausagemaker!!

Introductions and chatter

Postby pawclaws » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:44 pm

Plus I need to get a dozen Land Race pigs! :) The good newsis that shortly after thanking them for their reply I received another e-mail telling me that they review their product line annually and every year the canned bacon comes back up. They say that it may reappear on the market in a few years when profitable. They also say that with respect to their "EZ Open" canned hams; follow the instructions "exactly" or they will not open properly. :)
Phil Foreman
AKA Pawclaws or
Sgt Kass Irons, CSA
Instructor of Cooks and QM, Mosby's Raiders
www.ohiocampcooks.org
pawclaws
Registered Member

Postby pawclaws » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:22 am

TobyB wrote:Shame that they don't make it anymore though!

I guess you'll have to make your own. Mind you that means you'll be needing one of Franco's vacuum packers........... (franco do we get commission when we cross sell your products like this :lol: )

Well in anticipation of a successful deer season, the need to produce tons of sausage, and the urge to learn a new craft I bought a new grinder (mincer) and will soon be ready for that vacuum packer! :D
Phil Foreman
AKA Pawclaws or
Sgt Kass Irons, CSA
www.ohiocampcooks.org
pawclaws
Registered Member

Postby pawclaws » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:19 pm

Well the wife got her first deer last night. Unfortunately she took it down with her Subaru Forester!! :shock: Looks like about $12 to$15 thousand US in damages. Sheesh; and my hunting license, deer tags, and all my guns and bows didn't come even close to that figure!! :D
Phil Foreman
AKA Pawclaws or
Sgt Kass Irons, CSA
www.ohiocampcooks.org
pawclaws
Registered Member

Postby TobyB » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:30 pm

Blimey sorry to hear that. My wife has the same car but fortunately for me doesn't use her one to kill large mammals!

:lol:
TobyB
Registered Member

Postby pawclaws » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:48 pm

Oh I forgot to mention; this take down technique does negate the need for the mincer! 8)
Phil Foreman
AKA Pawclaws or
Sgt Kass Irons, CSA
www.ohiocampcooks.org
pawclaws
Registered Member

Postby barry » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:15 pm

Canned bacon, Im jealous, all we had at boyscout camp in UK was Spam god knows whats in it but it tasted great especially when the fat dribbled down your chin :)
barry
Registered Member

Postby pawclaws » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:41 pm

This was around 1962. In those days we ate what we provided for ourselves. At least in our Scout Troop. Now I use the canned hams and the occasional can of SPAM is welcome as well. Try this with it. Take two cans of SPAM and a 10 to 12 ounce can of pineapple rings in syrup. Pour the liquid over the meat in a Dutch oven and then top with the rings. Add a dust of ground clove or insert three or four whole cloves into each block of meat. Bake slowly at 250F or less just until the pineapple begins to brown around the edges. You will need coals on the top of the oven for this. Say about an hour total. Slice and serve warm. :D
Phil Foreman
AKA Pawclaws or
Sgt Kass Irons, CSA
www.ohiocampcooks.org
pawclaws
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Chatter