Collagene ez use casings 21mm

Introductions and chatter

Collagene ez use casings 21mm

Postby Ken Boy » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:56 pm

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just recieved casings can I use these on a hand sausage maker !!! I
under stand about vegable oil on casing do I need to unravel it to load on to tube anybody out There who can help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :(
Ken boy
Ken Boy
Registered Member

Postby sausagemaker » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:09 pm

Hi ken Boy

You do not need to add any vegetable oil or unravel the casing before use.
Just place it on the sausage nozzle & fill it out, when finished cut off the piece used & store the rest in a sealed bag.

Hope this helps

Regards
Sausagemaker
Advice
Often sought, seldom taken
sausagemaker
Registered Member

Postby Ken Boy » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:25 pm

Hi sausage maker
thanks for infomation will give it a whirl :lol: :lol:
Ken boy
Ken Boy
Registered Member

Postby Ken Boy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:29 pm

Hi sausage maker
May be I am doing something Wrong with these casings but I got in hell of a state and a mess. I fiitted them over the small tube and pulled the casing onto the tube did not seem to get a lot of Caseing on the tube and seemed to get a lot of air in the finished sausage took me ages to make a kilo of sausages

Tried out a sample of cooked sausage at the end I personaly found the caseing tough and hard to chew not very nice at all . Think I will stick to
Hog caseings in future Like most things in life you learn by your mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll:
Ken boy
Ken Boy
Registered Member

Postby sausagemaker » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:21 am

Hi Ken Boy

Sorry you have not managed to get away with the casing, it may be because the stuffing horn you are using is tapered, you really need a straight horn for this type of casing so that it flows easier.
The other thing worth a mention is that they only fill correctly one way. The casing must be pulled from the inside of the stick not the outside.
The reason that it was chewy is more likely to be caused by insufficient filling or the mix was to dry this would also cause air pockets. I am afraid these casing are a lot more unforgiving when it comes to filling than natural casing as they must be filled at a constant flow the air pockets you mention must have came from when you were pushing the meat into the stuffer if you are using the mincer attachment try to push the meat down before it has a chance to run out.

Hope this helps

Regards
Sausagemaker
Advice
Often sought, seldom taken
sausagemaker
Registered Member

Postby Ken Boy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:16 pm

HI Sausage maker
Like you say the tube is taperd this is where the problem is Trying to hold the caseing in place at the same time feeding the mincer and the trying to turn the handle < finished up with more mix on the floor than in the sausage> that woul explain the air pockets in the Sausage's :roll: :roll:

PS Thanks for your help!!!
:lol: :lol:
Ken boy
Ken Boy
Registered Member

Return to Chatter