Will this Bowl Cutter Emulsify

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Will this Bowl Cutter Emulsify

Postby Sausage_Man » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:21 am

Hey All

I've come across a bowl cutter like this at a fair price and want to invest in one since my Food Processor is a pain to use since it only takes 300-400g of meat at a time - this bowl cutter is 6 x larger.
https://www.takealot.com/bowl-cutter-om ... lsrc=aw.ds

Will this do job of emulsifying the meat for Franks and other emulsified sausages?

I notice the Bowl Cutters advertised for meat emulsification has a very different build compared to these smaller versions - the larger models have an open top whereas these table top models has a completely closed lid.

ANy suggestion would be awesome

Take Care
Sausage_Man
Registered Member

Re: Will this Bowl Cutter Emulsify

Postby NCPaul » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:37 am

It seems to be a larger food processor rather than a true bowl cutter. It could be used for emulsified sausages provided you can keep the emulsion cold (I use ice chips/water). If you can seal the meat in a bag under vacuum it will help to de-gas the emulsion (tip from BriCan).
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby wheels » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:53 pm

I agree, it's a larger commercial food processor. It's 750W so it's less powerful than the large domestic Magimix which is around half the size. I would be concerned about its longevity if it's used for commercial production.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby Sausage_Man » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:55 pm

It's a 2nd hand machine and the previous owner said he's tried 3 other brands that have all broken after a year - this particular one has lasted him the longest but sadly his business closed down due to Covid so he's selling the machine.

I'm interested to know more about Vacuum Sealing the Emulsion - what benefits is there in that?
Sausage_Man
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:07 pm

It appears to solve the problem of air bubbles in the sausage.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Return to Equipment & Supplies