Importing Weschenfelder Seasoning Into Australia

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Importing Weschenfelder Seasoning Into Australia

Postby Wal Footrot » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:29 am

I've been looking at the Weschenfelder website and decided to order four items. While the site let me put my order in it wouldn't let me go to check out because, even though I put in my country, there is no actual delivery plan for Australia.

Robert Weschenfelder contacted me, asked me what I wanted and where to deliver it to which I appreciated. However, the cost for the courier was, to put it mildly, exorbitant. 2.7 KG of goods was quoted at GBP92. I am assuming that this is the courier charge (not Robert's) but if I convert it into Australian dollars that equates to $AUS160.That is approximately $60 a kilo and I haven't paid for the product yet.

Has anyone imported any Weschenfelder seasonings into their country, what was the cost, and how was it delivered?

I'm going to get back to Weschenfelder's and suggest that they simply use Royal Mail. A quick check of their website shows that I can get this delivered for a quarter of the cost.
Wal Footrot
Wal Footrot
Registered Member

Re: Importing Weschenfelder Seasoning Into Australia

Postby aris » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:40 pm

Make your own.

http://lpoli.50webs.com/Sausage%20recipes.htm

I suspect you will have huge problems importing food products into Oz anyhow - let alone the cost of shipping.
aris
Site Admin

Return to Equipment & Supplies