Question about the 9500 mincer

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Question about the 9500 mincer

Postby Wilf » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:50 pm

I am looking to get the mincer 9500, and have a couple of question to those who have them.
Do you get any tubes with it, if so are they a hog and a sheep casing size.
How many plates come with it and what size, if they are on the smaller size would you reccomend a larger plate for coarse mincing, and what would the extra size be.

The reason I ask is although we make quite a few sausages, we tend only to do 1-2kg of each flavour, therefore I would rather stuff straight from the mincer while it is being used. At the moment we use a FW 2684, which only has 1 stuff tube so use a stainless 3kg Reber stuffer to do chipolatas. It would be a lot quicker to use one machine and clean up 1 machine in our case.

If the above works out I will probably ebay the reber stuffer
Wilf
Registered Member

Postby aris » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:21 pm

I don't think that mincers make good stuffers - but as they say YMMV.
aris
Site Admin

Postby Rotund » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:20 pm

Hi Wilf,

I have the 9500 mincer. It doesn't come with any tubes, I bought the ones that Franco sells (you get three, for hog and sheeps casings). It comes with one plate, the 6mm one. I have found that size to be fine, although I have been considering getting a bigger plate too, just to see what difference a coaser mince would make.

Hope this helps.
Rotund
Registered Member

Postby Wilf » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:02 pm

Cheers Rotund, got one, with tubes as extra, will decide on extra plate later, probably get a coarser one.
Wilf
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies