Water Stuffer Designs?

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Water Stuffer Designs?

Postby ComradeQ » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:14 am

Has anyone ever made a water powered sausage stuffer? I was checking out some videos and various forum postings out across the interwebs and lots of people talking of making them or using the various ones you can buy (such as the Dakotah) but little info on actually making one.

The Dakotah seems like the most simple design to duplicate but having little background with plumbing I'm not certain on all the various fittings and valves and how to attach them. So could anyone help me find designs to do one cheaply? I may even build a few and could share if someone could help me to make it? Thanks folks!
User avatar
ComradeQ
Registered Member
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:27 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby captain wassname » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:32 pm

http://forum.sausagemaking.org/viewtopic.php?t=8475

BriCan said he had one so may be able to help or maybe pm the OP

Jim
now merely fat
captain wassname
Registered Member
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:32 pm
Location: west cumbria

Postby ComradeQ » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:10 pm

captain wassname wrote:http://forum.sausagemaking.org/viewtopic.php?t=8475

BriCan said he had one so may be able to help or maybe pm the OP

Jim


Thanks Jim! I was looking at those kirby cannons too that the op has. The guy that makes them sends you parts or you can get a list to do it yourself. I will check with him once I track him down.

Still think the Dakotah looks a little simpler in design, just need to figure out the parts and assembly process. I have found tons of posts of people showing theirs but can't find anything with parts list and instructions.
User avatar
ComradeQ
Registered Member
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:27 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby crustyo44 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:11 am

One thing you have to take into consideration is what kind of PVC/Plastic/Nylon
you are going to use. Not everything is FOOD GRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and can leach harmful chemicals in whatever you make.
Good Luck,
Jan.
crustyo44
Registered Member
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Brisbane.Australia

Postby ComradeQ » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:48 am

crustyo44 wrote:One thing you have to take into consideration is what kind of PVC/Plastic/Nylon
you are going to use. Not everything is FOOD GRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and can leach harmful chemicals in whatever you make.
Good Luck,
Jan.


Yeah good point Jan. I like how the Dakotah uses clear plastic, gonna look for that. Not sure how I will construct the valves and such, that's where the advice would be handy if someone knew.

In other news, got my curing fridge ready, just received my eBay heat/cold temperature controller and completed wiring everything this evening. Works a charm to keep temps steady. I used half a pound of humidity beads for humidors in the bottom of the fridge with about 70% of them sprayed with distilled water and the other 30% left dry. So far the temp is steady at 12°c and the humidity seems a stable 70%! I know that can change when meat is added but these beads are supposed to absorb and release moisture as needed to maintain 70% so I'm excited to try a test run of Spanish chorizo. Will update in the curing section when I get it all up and running.
User avatar
ComradeQ
Registered Member
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:27 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby crustyo44 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:32 am

Hi ComradeQ,
Send an email to: kirby_campbell@yahoo.com. He manufactures the Kirby Cannons. He has some videos on Photobucket as well.
Good Luck,
Jan
crustyo44
Registered Member
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Brisbane.Australia


Return to Equipment & Supplies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests