Help!! Mincer trouble

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Help!! Mincer trouble

Postby gideon » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:29 pm

:? Hi,
Has anyone got any tips on how to dismantle my worm/screw drive on my FW2684 mincer without causing a hernia?, after only half a dozen uses I am having considerable difficulty in getting it apart for cleaning, I tried greasing the spigot with food grease but the damned thing just seems to get tougher to dismantle after each use!! So far I have had to rely on brute strength and ignorance (the latter is in plentyful supply!) I don't want to break my mincer as I am enjoying my new found hobby, and with the volume of sausages that my family are getting through, my porkert manual mincer is just too slow. :cry:
If all the worlds a stage, then where's my script???
gideon
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:11 pm

gideon

Undo the black knob on the side of the main body. It should release the wormscrew housing. It may not pull out but if you rotate it a little whilst pulling, it will eventually come out.
Put the housing on its side onto a cloth on a hard surface. Use something heavy ie. a hammer, and lightly knock one the lugs on the front screw housing whilst holding it hard down. It should come loose. Unscrew it fully, then pop out the wormscrew and detach the blade. I normally wash the whole thing in very hot soapy water and rinse firstly with hot water, then with cold water. I do not find the need to apply any oil to mine, but when assembling it each time I use it, I only screw it in hand tight. I normally leave all the parts seperate and assemble prior to mincing the meat.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby gideon » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:45 am

Thanks Paul,
I usually undo the front housing and remove the blade before I unscrew the black knob securing the wormscrew housing, maybe thats what I'm doing wrong, I will give your method a try and see if it makes any difference. I think I'll try a rubber mallet to persuede it along, as I'm a little too heavy-handed with a hammer :shock:
Regards,
Gideon.
If all the worlds a stage, then where's my script???
gideon
Registered Member

Re: Help!! Mincer trouble

Postby THING » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:47 am

gideon wrote::? Hi,
Has anyone got any tips on how to dismantle my worm/screw drive on my FW2684 mincer without causing a hernia?

lol, I too had this problem although luckily for me my partners (business partners, cheeky) decided it'd be more benificial to have done with the ruddy thing and upgrade.

This seems to be quite a common problem with the old FW2684 doesn't it?

Me old mam used to say, "If yer can't do it we yer bare 'ands, it ent worth ruddy doin" lol, she was from Wombwell in Barnsley God rest her. Lol
THING

Return to Equipment & Supplies