Lidl Vac sealer problem

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Lidl Vac sealer problem

Postby georgebaker » Fri May 10, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi
I bought this a few years ago and have never been happy with its performance.

Today I decided to investigate why.

It seems to me that when it makes bags it leaves just 1, 2 or 3 pin holes along the sealed edge.

Anyone know how I can sort this problem out?

Thanks
George
georgebaker
Registered Member

Re: Lidl Vac sealer problem

Postby johngaltsmotor » Fri May 10, 2013 4:03 pm

I've never seen the unit in question, but if it is similar to a Foodsaver... have you tried simply running the seal function twice? I know that at times I have had incomplete melting of the seal but waiting a few seconds and then rerunning fixes them (with minimal air sneaking back in).
Pigs are magical creatures.... they turn vegetables into BACON!!
johngaltsmotor
Registered Member

Postby kimgary » Fri May 10, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi From what you describe its probably contamination on the sealing wire in 1 or 2 spots.

Make sure the unit is unplugged and cold and try gently cleaning the sealing wire with one of those fine green scourers.

wipe clean and dry and test.

Hope this helps, regards Gary.
My biggest fear in life is that when I die my wife sells all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it!!
kimgary
Registered Member

Postby bwalt822 » Fri May 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Are the pin holes just small leaks in the seal or is the sealer actually melting holes in the bag? If its the latter you may need thicker bags or less sealing time if you can change that. Perhaps a layer of foil would dampen the heat?

Some vac sealers may be more sensitive to having liquids or grease in the sealing area. Have you tried it with a clean bag or something that leaves the lip clean? Otherwise I would try new bags or get a new unit. I use and highly recommend the weston pro sealers (~$420 in the US)
Last edited by bwalt822 on Fri May 10, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bwalt822
Registered Member

Postby herjac » Fri May 10, 2013 4:47 pm

I have a Foodsaver and it has had a sealing problem also. What I discovered was that the plastic tape that covers the heating element had buckled slightly which created enough of a gap to the sealing surface that the seal was compromised. I cut a short section from the tape with a box cutter in order to shorten it and remove the buckle. This solved the sealing problem.
herjac
Registered Member

Postby georgebaker » Fri May 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi
thanks for the advice

The problem is when it makes its own bags. You do this by pulling from the "Roll" then heat sealing the side edge, so then you can fill the bag and seal the top. The leak seems always to be at the side

George
georgebaker
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies