For anyone with a Elta slicer

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

For anyone with a Elta slicer

Postby mrutty » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:42 pm

http://www.sausagemaking.org/acatalog/Full_metal_Food_slicer_MA_2465__.html

Franco kindly supplied with one of the slicers above about 6 months ago and it's been used one a week ever since. Today it started to stall on me, so much so that I sliced 3 Kg of bacon by hand.

Anyway I've no had a chance to take it to pieces and find the problem. It seems that is you remove the cutting blade (remember it's and anticlockwise thread) and then remove the four screws holding the white plastic shield you'll see the guts of the machine. You should see two large screws holding the motor assembly to the casing. Loosen these two off slight and pull the motor up towards the blade mounting point then tighten the screws back down. This will fix the stalling. You may need to remove the large cog, if you do be careful not to lose the flat bearing or damage it.

Hope this helps someone.
mrutty
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:24 pm

Hi mrutty Welcome to the forum. That's valuable info. how are you finding the slicer apart from the problem. Would you recommend it to others. it's always nice to have someone who has experience of a piece of equipment.
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby mrutty » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:48 am

Well thanks for the welcome (only been here 10 months :wink: :lol: :lol: )

Good bit of kit, but the non slip feet slip. Cure there is a short piece of batton so you can push it and the slicer against the wall and thus cure (little joke) the problem.

The thickness guide does have some flex in it but that is solved by the battan as you have two hands free to move the guide.

I've seen a big proper butchers automatic slicer that is far better, but it takes four people to lift it, needs a table of it's own and costs more than my car.

With all of these thing the professional kit is better but do you really get the best use out of it or have the space.

If I get a chance I'll take the whole thing apart again and take some pics.
mrutty
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies