Electric Meat Grinder

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Electric Meat Grinder

Postby joesher » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:38 am

Where can I buy an electric meat grinder come with 1 1/2 " sausage stuffer? Which brand? Which model? Please advise.
joesher
Registered Member

Re: Electric Meat Grinder

Postby BriCan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:28 am

Please do not get me wrong and do not feel upset ..... but please can you fill out in the space that is under your name where about's in this wonderful world you may be as this will help in giving you the correct information you require :D

By the way ..... Welcome :)
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Postby Big Guy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:18 pm

get a grinder to grind meat, you can't get one too big I would suggest at least a #12 and 1/2 hp. as a minimum, then get a stuffer to stuff sausages. Although you can stuff through a grinder the results are seldom top notch. Save yourself a lot of frustration and get two machines IMHO
Col. Big Guy
Big Guy
Registered Member

Postby vagreys » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:08 pm

Stuffer tubes for grinders usually have a bell-shaped base, tapering down to the actual stuffing tube. So, the diameter of the stuffing tube is somewhat constrained by the size of the grinder barrel, since there has to be enough diameter for a flange around the edge of the tube, a useful taper, and the tube, itself. On grinders for use at home, about the largest diameter tube I've seen is 1-3/8" or 2" (but not 1-1/2") in stainless or aluminum. They are available for purchase separately, and are made to fit standard size grinders (so, there are tubes for #10/12, #22, #32, etc.). So, the brand and model of grinder are independent of finding large tubes for purchase, separately. In the US, you have a number of suppliers you can shop on-line, for the grinder you prefer, and the grinder stuffing tube that most closely fits your needs.

Good hunting!
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.

You have the power to donate life
vagreys
Site Admin

Postby joesher » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:54 pm

Big Guy wrote:get a grinder to grind meat, you can't get one too big I would suggest at least a #12 and 1/2 hp. as a minimum, then get a stuffer to stuff sausages. Although you can stuff through a grinder the results are seldom top notch. Save yourself a lot of frustration and get two machines IMHO

Thanks and please advise which stuffer model/brand to stuff 1 1/2 inch sausage? Joe and I am living in Los Angeles, California
joesher
Registered Member

Postby joesher » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:57 pm

vagreys wrote:Stuffer tubes for grinders usually have a bell-shaped base, tapering down to the actual stuffing tube. So, the diameter of the stuffing tube is somewhat constrained by the size of the grinder barrel, since there has to be enough diameter for a flange around the edge of the tube, a useful taper, and the tube, itself. On grinders for use at home, about the largest diameter tube I've seen is 1-3/8" or 2" (but not 1-1/2") in stainless or aluminum. They are available for purchase separately, and are made to fit standard size grinders (so, there are tubes for #10/12, #22, #32, etc.). So, the brand and model of grinder are independent of finding large tubes for purchase, separately. In the US, you have a number of suppliers you can shop on-line, for the grinder you prefer, and the grinder stuffing tube that most closely fits your needs.

Good hunting!

Thanks Vagreys... Joe
joesher
Registered Member

Postby vagreys » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:15 pm

joesher wrote:...Thanks and please advise which stuffer model/brand to stuff 1 1/2 inch sausage? Joe and I am living in Los Angeles, California

Again, as with my post on the grinder stuffer tubes, the diameter of the threaded exit hole of the stuffer, where the stuffer tube is attached, will dictate the size stuffing tubes that can be attached. Generally, you don't see larger than 1" or 1-1/4" tubes as the large tubes for 5-lb or 15-lb stuffers. LEM Products offers 10- and 25-lb 2-speed stuffers with 1-1/2" tubes, but they are pricey.

If you look at stuffer discussions on this site, you'll see that most, here, agree that you will get a superior product using a dedicated stuffer. I will point out that it is quite easy to fill larger diameter casings/bags using a 1" stuffer tube; so, unless there is a particular requirement involved, you may not need such a large tube to accomplish whatever it is you need to make.
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.

You have the power to donate life
vagreys
Site Admin

Postby joesher » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Thanks Tom for the info. Joe
joesher
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies