Equipment advice needed

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Equipment advice needed

Postby floyd » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:57 am

Hi i'm new to the sausage game and am considering buying an Electric Mincer FW 2684. What are these like for general mincing and sausage making. I do a lot of shooting and ferreting so have lots of game just waiting to be made into sausages and burgers. Any advice would be most grateful. Cheers FLOYD
floyd
Newly Registered

Postby Paul Kribs » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:18 am

Welcome to the forum floyd

I have been using the FW 2684 for about 6 months or more and have given it quite a workout in that time. It has coped very well indeed. I would advise that it is a good machine to start out with until you decide that sausagemaking is going to be an ongoing hobby, or just general mincing of meat. It also comes with a 'cookie' making facility, which I haven't used as yet. Its only downside, in my opinion, is that it only comes with one size of mincer plate.. but it is a pretty good general plate. Although it comes with a sausage filler, which is adequate, I prefer to use a dedicated stuffer.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby chase » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:53 pm

Hia Floyd, Im new to the sausage making game too, I also catch plenty of rabbits and today my FW2684 arrived, although I havent used it yet it looks like it will do the business for bunny burgers & bunny bangers.
chase
Registered Member

Postby Hobbitfeet » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:10 am

Hi Chase, as rabbit is such a fat-free meat, do you add any extra fat in your recipes? I've been using the FW 2684 for two years or so now and find it ideal for the shorter runs. For the big orders a more professional stuffer is definitely a great help though.
"I would not enter on my list of friends (Though graced with polished manners and fine sense, yet wanting sensibility) the man who needlessly sets foot upon a worm." William Cowper.
Hobbitfeet
Registered Member

Postby welsh wizard » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:46 am

Hi Floyd and welcome.

I am glad to see you are going into game production, it is exactly what I do and I cant get enough of the stuff to cope with all the requests I have for Pheasant, duck and partridge and pigeon sausages. Its great, and to think not all that long ago the shoots could hardly give the stuff away!

I use the 2684 as a mincer and in the early stages I used it as a stuffer as well. As a mincer I still use it and find it more than adequate for the amounts I prep which is c20Lb but have now moved on to a Reber 5kg which is the ducks dangley bits.

Good luck and let us know how you get on - cheers WW
welsh wizard
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:45 pm

ww

how close have you been getting to those ducks to notice they have 'dangly bits' under the feathers :shock: LOL

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby welsh wizard » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:41 pm

Paul

Well the truth is I have to have sniper eye sight because I can never hit anything I put the gun up to :wink:

Cheers WW
welsh wizard
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies