Sainsbury's Mixer Meat Grinder Attachment - Fits Kitchenaid

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Sainsbury's Mixer Meat Grinder Attachment - Fits Kitchenaid

Postby nooob » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:11 am

Sainsbury's have a load of kitchenware items reduced by 1/3 or more instore.

They have an own-brand "Kitchen Collection Kitchen Machine" which seems to be the same as the Grundig UM9140, which uses accessories interchangeable with Kitchenaid. It was £199.99, now reduced to £99.99.
http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/appliances/appliance_sale/124903199_kitchen-collection-black-kitchen-machine.html?primarySku=125599230
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grundig-Die-Cast-Food-Mixer/dp/B0078OJO9Y

There is a meat grinder (metal body) attachment available for £19.99 (was £29.99) and a pasta making attachment for £26.65 (was £39.99). I have no idea if they are any good, but they seem a bit cheaper than the genuine plastic Kitchenaid accessories. :lol:
nooob
Registered Member

Re: Sainsbury's Mixer Meat Grinder Attachment - Fits Kitchen

Postby wheels » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:25 am

If the details are to believed they're not the same.

My gut reaction would be to go for a second-hand Kenwood Chef. But there again, I've never been impressed with KitchenAid or KitchenAid (ish) products.

The daft thing is, if I was tempted to buy one, it would be the cheap Chinese one from Sainsbury's. Keep the receipt with the 2 year warranty and get it replaced every time it goes wrong! We've had kettles for the last 5 years on that basis.

My apologies for the negativity. Welcome to the forum.

Phil :D :D :D
wheels
Global Moderator

Re: Sainsbury's Mixer Meat Grinder Attachment - Fits Kitchen

Postby nooob » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:53 am

The motor specification and included accessories are indeed different, but the mouldings are identical and will be Kitchenaid compatible. :wink:
nooob
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies