Filler Nozzles

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Filler Nozzles

Postby hmmm sausages » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:27 pm

HELP!!!

I've got an electric mincer/stuffer and it came with a nozzle set that seems to be the same one as available on this site(3 nozzles, an adapter and a fan type blade) I recently got some 28mm (I think) collagen skins and the smallest nozzle I have is too big to allow me to feed any of the skin onto it, so I am cursed with making big fat bangers at the moment. Anyone know if I can get a smaller nozzle?

Another question about nozzles, how long is yours? the ones I have seem a little short ( I hate admitting this in public :oops: ) Can you get different length nozzles to allow you to fill more sausages in one go? I have to reload the skin when I am filling about 2lbs of mix

Any advice gratefully received, Cheers. Rob
hmmm sausages
Registered Member

Postby Hobbitfeet » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:06 am

Which model of mincer/stuffer do you have?
"I would not enter on my list of friends (Though graced with polished manners and fine sense, yet wanting sensibility) the man who needlessly sets foot upon a worm." William Cowper.
Hobbitfeet
Registered Member

Postby hmmm sausages » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:57 am

I have a fleishwolf Panther bought from designasausage.com
hmmm sausages
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:15 am

Rob

A few measurements and questions to resolve first.

My backup mincer is the FW 2684. I believe the cutter group is 'possibly' the same as the FW Panther judging by the pictures. The cutter plate is 53 mm diameter (about 2 1/8"). The widest part of the taper on the FW filler nozzle is 60 mm ( about 2 3/8").
If this is the case then the small diameter filler tube from the Reber 5 kg 'stuffer' will fit it. The tube is 170 mm (about 6 3/4") with nozzle opening outside diameter of 15 mm. This is the one I use for sheeps casings. I believe it would work. I do not know if Franco sells the stuffer nozzles as spares, you will have to phone sausagemaking.org on 01204 433523 to find out. You must make it perfectly clear the nozzle is the one from the Reber 5 kg stuffer, not the Reber electric mincer and stuffer as these will NOT fit.
Have a look at these pics to get an idea of the setup. The first pic is the FW cutter group with the mincer blade and screen removed and replaced by the plastic spacer.

The second shows a comparison between the FW filler and the Reber 5 kg stuffer filler.

Good luck.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby hmmm sausages » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:56 pm

cheers very much for that Paul, fountain of knowledge as always :D How long you been making sausages for?

I will measure up the mincing bits and stuff and see if its the same size, then give franco a call to see if i can get hold of one

I found my FW filler provided with the machine is a waste of time, looks like i would use it to fill black pudding skins, not sausages, its huge!
hmmm sausages
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies