Wanted: second hand equipment

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Wanted: second hand equipment

Postby porker » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:42 pm

Hi Group,

I've been watching and reading your views for a while now, and enjoy the crack!

I tried rearing my own pigs several times a few years ago, but the effort was wasted as I never could get the bacon cured properly.

I now feel I would like to try again and make sausages as well, this time I will buy a little back pork and try some of the cures on here!

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has up graded their equipment and has gear for sale...also if anyone has any warnings they would care to share about equipment on sale via the web.

Great site and keep up the good posts!

Best Regards,

porker
porker
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:18 am

Welcome porker

The bacon cures available from sausagemaking.org are very easy to use and you should have no trouble getting good results using them.
I have a basic step by step guide on my website which shows just how easy it is.
Any information regarding what to buy is probably posted on this forum already.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby porker » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:27 pm

as no one appears to have second hand gear to sell....I've been looking back at some older posts, is the 9503 s/s no longer an option to buy?

tnx.
porker
Registered Member

Postby welsh wizard » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:48 pm

Hi Porker

It is often worth having a scan on e-bay for used equipment such as mincers, mixers etc.

Cheers WW
welsh wizard
Registered Member

Postby hmmm sausages » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:48 pm

Porker,

I know this will go against the purists on the site but I have a FW Panther bought from designasausage.com. Its an electric mincer with sausage filler attachements, and has worked fantastically for the sausages I have produced so far. It's currently retailing at 120 of the queens english pounds.
Serious sausage makers prefer to use an electric mixer and a manual stuffer, and for larger batches this is the best way. So I guess it depends on 2 things, A - Cost (separates aren't cheap) and B - How big your batches of sausages are going to be.

Hope thats of some help

Rob
hmmm sausages
Registered Member

Postby porker » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:53 pm

Thanks for the shout Rob, but I've decided to go for something a little bigger. Thinking about a 22 mincer.

I appreciate the offer though!

Best Regards, :)
porker
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies