Help with a Handtmann VF 608

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Help with a Handtmann VF 608

Postby outsider » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:44 pm

Hello!

I am new to the forum. I work at a mom and pop butcher shop and I make all kinds of sausage there. I do everything from deboning to cooking/making pork bbq for catering.

I use a very nice machine - Handtmann vf 608 and I have had an error window pop up on the interface. I've had this happen before many times because it needs oil, but normally I can just hit the back button to exit.

My problem recently is that the back button does not work for some reason. We have put more oil in and it's still stuck. Therefore, I cannot program the setting I need in order to adjust the volume, speed, etc.

I can still turn the vacuum ON if I am fast enough and hit the button during startup right before that error window pops up.
outsider
Registered Member

Re: Help with a Handtmann VF 608

Postby klephtZA » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:00 am

This sounds like a technical problem the manufacturer should be solving for you. Presumably the software has run into a glitch of some sort and needs to be hard-reset or one of the IO has gone wonky(oil level sensor for example). Do you have any way to factory reset the PLC software?
klephtZA
Registered Member

Postby outsider » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:46 pm

I have no idea. I just run the thing. Our mechanic has looked at it, but has only made it worse. He ordered a new d-pad for because we think that might be the issue. It should be here tomorrow.

He has also contacted a technician who works for handtmann who said it might be the d-pad. I'll keep you posted
outsider
Registered Member

Postby klephtZA » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:25 pm

Maybe time to learn the maintenance of the thing :) Grab yourself the maintenance manual and give it a good read through to see if there is anything in there if you haven't already done so.
klephtZA
Registered Member

Postby outsider » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:47 pm

The new D-pad/screen came in yesterday. Our maintenance guy replaced the original and it's working! The error screen still pops up, but now the back button works. He said he just needs to do some programming to get rid of it.

When I was taught how to wash the machine, I scrub and then spray everything down with a hot water hose (including the screen.) I'm pretty sure that water must have worked it's way under the d-pad and ruined some of the controls. Now I'm going to just wipe the screen with windex at the end of the day.

Thanks for the suggestions!
outsider
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies