Sausagemakingorg Customer Service

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Sausagemakingorg Customer Service

Postby Blade » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:48 am

A Cautionary Tale

I know many people using this discussion board use Sausagemaking.org and have had very good experiences with them. I suspect that that is the usual story.

However, I feel I should offer a cautionary note. It seems that, when things go wrong with this firms customer care, they go badly wrong. I�ll keep it brief � I had two pigs going to slaughter in early December so ordered various sausage making kit three weeks in advance of the slaughter date, believing that the 48-hour delivery policy should see me with the goods in good time. Minor problems occurred with the order but whatever I did (amending the order, making it clear when I needed the things for), absolutely nothing happened. I phoned the firm 18 times in total but did not receive a single call back despite many promises. I was told that the goods would be sent �today� on three separate days. Nothing happened � I was told that goods had been despatched but no valid parcelforce number could be provided and, surprise, surprise, no goods arrived. Finally, three weeks later, my partner ended up taking the day of work to drive down from Carlisle to Bolton to pick the goods up. So that�s free delivery is it?

Sausagemaking.org did not respond to my first letter of complaint. They responded to my second letter without an apology or refund. I have since e-mailed Franco directly to ask for some explanation but have received no reply. You may have noted that, since my complaint, they have amended their terms and conditions from �all goods will be despatched within 48 hours of ordering� to �We aim to despatch all goods within 48 hours�. Is this what you think a firm should do when faced with a complaint � change its terms and conditions? Posting this account on this forum is very much a last resort for me � I have no desire to rubbish sausagemaking.org and would much rather have had my complaint resolved.

But if you are planning to order from sausagemaking.org and need things quickly or believe that you may receive anything vaguely like customer service, think again. And don�t expect an apology or refund when things go wrong. Caveat emptor.
Blade
Newly Registered

Postby Franco » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:49 pm

Blade,

I have followed your complaint from the beginning and believe there are 2 sides to every story. We bend over backwards to help 'reasonable customers' but your demands were unreasonable from day one.

We send out over 1000 parcels a week and invariably some items don't arrive on time, in these instances we track and trace online all parcels and endeavour to resolve any problem ASAP but when a customer is insulting and arrogant in their correspondence to my staff I will always take the staff's side.

I won't delete this post as I stand by our actions and customer service. You know the full story and so do I...

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

Return to Equipment & Supplies