Super Mini Sausage Filler

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Super Mini Sausage Filler

Postby hmmm sausages » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:40 pm

This item is available on this site, anyone know how good it is? How much mix it can take? etc

I have decided that I need to seriously investigate getting a manual stuffer, I am now firmly stuck on natural casings (tried them for the first time this week, I am not touching a collagen casing again)
The problem I had was with my machine, I have an electric mincer which I use for filling too, but it does not fill very evenly, which makes life hard. it takes me ages to link as the mixture isnt even filled

So I was thinking about the mini stuff, or if anyone has got any other suggestions as to where I can get a good manual stuffer I would appreciate your comments.

Franco - Is it possible to get a price for JUST the stuffer without the rusk casings etc as I have got all them from you already.

Cheers, Rob
hmmm sausages
Registered Member

Postby roseway » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:03 pm

Although people here seem to shout the praises of Reber stuffers, I have to say that they are simply too expensive for me. I'm seriously considering this one (although it's currently out of stock): http://tinyurl.com/7hm63

Eric
roseway
Registered Member

Postby hmmm sausages » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:07 pm

Hi Roseway,

I found that one too during my searching on the web, im not sure how big the capacity is though, wether its big enough or not! Reber are very dear, but everyone says very good. Im not sure I can justify spending 150 of the queens english pounds on a sausage stuffer, when I have one already, although not as good.

The search continues....
hmmm sausages
Registered Member

Postby Franco » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:22 pm

I have just bought 100 of those stuffers, they should be on the site by Monday, at Northern Tool they are �69 inc VAT and delivery, I will be selling them for �65 all in. If anyone wants one let me know. They have a 2.5 kg capacity.

The machines are Chinese and are not bad for the price although they are not up to the standard of the Reber.

The super mini filler can be purchased for �115.

Regards

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

Postby aris » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:09 pm

Franco - can you post some close-up pictures of this stuffer? Does it suffer 'blow-by' where the meat slips past the edges of the plunger when under pressure? What are the gears like?
aris
Site Admin

Postby hmmm sausages » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:13 pm

Franco, whats the capacity of the super mini filler? for twice the price is it twice as good as the new one on this thread?

Cheers, Rob
hmmm sausages
Registered Member

Postby Franco » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:16 pm

The super mini has a 3 kg capacity, early results are favourable for the Chinese model and I would probably go for that one, it has an air release valve and a full stainless construction whereas the super mini has a mild steel outer.

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

Postby hmmm sausages » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:19 pm

Cheers for the honest reply Franco, I know some places would just suggest the higher priced item. I will be seriously looking at one of those stuffers when they are on the site. Im falling deeper and deeper into the sausage making bug lol

Have you ever thought about putting a chat room onto the forum, allowing live interactive chats between sausage makers?
hmmm sausages
Registered Member

Postby lemonD » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:20 am

Hi HS & Roseway,

I got one of the Chinese fillers from Northern tool just before xmas & I'm very pleased with it so far, it's a pity Franco wasn't selling them at that time.

The construction is solid, doesn't warp or twist under strain, even when filled to capacity. The drum and base are stainless and the rest electroless nickel plated steel.
The gears are moulded Nylon, the plunger has a bypass valve and the red O-ring makes a tight seal with no meat slipping past it.

Image Image Image

I bought one after reading this thread http://forum.sausagemaking.org/viewtopic.php?t=912 as I couldn't justify to myself the cost of the european fillers.
This is the first filler I've had and put approx 10kgs through it so far.
lemonD
Registered Member

Postby roseway » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:09 am

Thanks for that information, lemonD.

Eric
roseway
Registered Member

Postby aris » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:04 am

I'd ask northern tool if you could get a spare rubber seal.
aris
Site Admin

Postby hmmm sausages » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:12 pm

Nice one Lemond, it looks like it would do the job fine, doesnt look very interesting though (I'm a ponce for gucci kit that looks good) the rebers looks loads better. Im still undecided.

Im thinking about starting to do "business" with family members and close friends, selling them batches of produce and a manual stuffer would soon pay for itself, even though i am not exactly going to be ripping my family off, just charging them for ingredients and rounding up a little lol
hmmm sausages
Registered Member

Postby lemonD » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:26 pm

HS,

If you bought a "gucci" that would impress the family and friends so much you could "round it up" a little bit more :lol:

The only issue for me with this filler is how long it will last? I think Franco's an atsute business man he wouldn't buy 100 of these if they were going to last 5 mins.
As for not looking very interesting, a ferrari it ain't but maybe you've seen a gap in the market, Franco could do custom parts like Carbon fibre filler tubes, Mag Alloy crank handles in 8 colours etc etc. 8)

Aris do you think I going to have problems with seals?
lemonD
Registered Member

Postby aris » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:00 am

I suspect you are unlikely to have a problem with the seals for some time - but it is more than likely the first thing that will need to be replaced. I got a spare seal for my Reber from Franco. Availability of spare parts is an important thing when making a buying decision.
aris
Site Admin

Postby hmmm sausages » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:19 am

Franco - How long are the nozzles on the chinese stuffer compared to the reber stuffers?
hmmm sausages
Registered Member

Next

Return to Equipment & Supplies