Kenwood chef mincer blades

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Kenwood chef mincer blades

Postby milesthemeat » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:59 pm

I have been using a Kenwood chef with a mincer attachment to grind my meat � very successfully too. However I only have one size of blade (is �blade the correct term?).

Does anyone know where i can get varying size blades for my kenwood?

Also, I have heard that when making sausages it is good to grind lean meat fine�ish and your fat a bit coarser as it gives a good texture. Discuss

Thanks

Miles
milesthemeat
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:54 pm

There are 3 plates that are made for the Kenwood chef attachment. The link below is the official domestic parts site. If you don't see what you want contact them.

http://4ourhouse.co.uk/kenwood/
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby georgebaker » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:06 pm

Hi
How many types of Kenwood sausage makers/stuffers are there?

Which attachment fits which Kenwoods?

Are they any good for, say 5lb batches?

I ask 'cos I have been bought one of each (from 2 different sources so do not know if they fit each other) but it's 200 miles away so don't know if I should rush to collect them or if I should wait until the summer when I'm going to Suffolk

George
georgebaker
Registered Member

Postby milesthemeat » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:21 pm

Thanx for the link and info Oddley.

Sorry george but i don't know much about them. But a kenwood mincer would easily do a 5lb batch.

The link Oddley gave me should help and you could also give them a ring as he suggests.

Miles
milesthemeat
Registered Member

Postby tristar » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:45 am

Hi Everybody,

I have a Kenwood MG450 which is a meat mincer, sausage stuffer and kebbe maker. it uses the same mincer attachment as the Kenwood Chef and Major which they call a "Large No 8 Mincer Attachment" therefore any spares for the mincers for Chef, Major or MG450 shold be interchangeable, although from a quick internet search I have been unable to find spare blades or plates!

Richard
"Don't be shy, just give it a try!"
Food for The Body and The Soul
tristar
Registered Member

Postby Rik vonTrense » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:31 am

You will find several places for Kenwood spares but I find that Kenwood themselves are the best place.

A meat screen coarse is �11 that is the largest of the three screens and mainly for cooked meats but also for pork fat.

You would do well to keep your eyes on ebay as they sell a lot of cheap kenwood mixers and mincers,
The 700 series are still quite good and are very cheap. the 900 seriaes are mor robust and are still very cheap unfortunately the attaschments are different as they have different sized spigots....but you can pick up a complete mincer with blades for a tenner.

I have about six machines from early 700 majors to the later KM250's.

Try these for spares ....

http://www.electricitystore.co.uk/acata ... PARES.html

Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Postby georgebaker » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:34 pm

Hi
collected my Kenwood and mincer a day or two ago and just got it home tonight.

The Kenwood is a chef, not run yey and it came with 2 mincers. Both seem to fit but one has not got a groove to locate it. There are 2 blades with one mincer and 3 with the other but they are not interchangeable between mincers (I will look up part numbers if anyone is interested) although the stuffers appear to fit both

What grease do you lubricate the drive shaft with?

First sausages in a week or two when I get out from under my boss and find some skins

George
georgebaker
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:27 am

I just use bog standard vegetable oil to lubricate any metal parts on my mincers. I use a pastry brush and kitchen paper to apply the least amount possible. It really does make a difference, especially between the blade and mincer plate. It does not add its flavour the minced meat, and it gets washed off after use in hot soapy water before rinsing in cold water.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby Rik vonTrense » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:52 pm

Meat mixers are another expensive item if you want to mix a lot of meat.
But I am a firm believer in the old Kenwood for all sorts of donkey work in relation to sausage and burger making.

For a start the cost....A 700 or 900 series kenwood major can be had for as little as a tenner if you keep your eyes open and you need never pay more that �25 for a good one. So punch in Kenwood Chef in your eBay opening page and see how many come up.

For those that are not familiar with eBay there are eBays worldwide and the URL is www.ebay.co.uk or ebay.com. or ebay.au or ebay.de/ or fr/

If you are lucky you will get a mincer included in that as well ....it;s just a matter of watching and waiting.

A mincer with the three plates are all you need for making bangers and burgers and the big major bowl takes up to 12lbs of meat to mix with a K beater.

I suppose I am lucky as I have a Swedish Electrolux Mixer which is a big revolving bowl rather than a mixer bladse going round. I have this because I bake bread everyday and have done so for years.

The revolving bowl and static mixer blades are less of a strain when it's chugging round quite full...where a kenwood gearbox is liable to give up the ghost...that;s why I buy them when they are available El Cheepo so that I always have spares.

Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies