Argos Food Slicer

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Postby hmmm sausages » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:35 pm

well, the slicer is here, it looks ok, not stunnign but ok, and at 20 quid, that is all I expect, Bacon is being hung tonight to dry, D Day for the cutter is Saturday morning for Bacon slicin!!!!!!!
hmmm sausages
Registered Member

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:29 pm

Just sliced 8 lbs of (almost frozen) bacon tonight with the Italian slicer. Effortless, good thin cutting. Now to remove the blade and clean it...........

Be interested to know about the Argos.............

Cheers,

Sandy _____________________________________________________________

:D No Fools, No Fun! :D
Sandy
Registered Member

Postby hmmm sausages » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:42 am

Right, well thats the breakfast dishes cleared away and the Argos Food Slicer tested. The Results .......

...Not bad at all for 20 quid! I had a 2lb piece of back bacon, well chilled but not at all frozen. Sliced through it very easily, pretty even slices, slight bit of "feathering" on the bottom (i tried fat on bottom and meat, same result) I had already removed the skin from the bacon, so do not know if it would have sliced that or not. (Perhaps if it was skin on, that would reduce the feathering)

The construction is not very substantial (all plastic slotted together) and it wont slice any big bits of bacon or meat and its a little "compact" I will post a few pics on here when I get some taken. Over all, for the money, pretty good! good as a first slicer, will need upgrading when you get really serious about slicing

If anyone has any other questions about it, feel free to ask me :D
hmmm sausages
Registered Member

Postby mrutty » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:54 am

hmmm sausages wrote:LemonD, I would like to know if Franco's slicer can handle raw bacon too, I've just put a batch of back bacon in to cure and I need a reliable way to slice it in about 9 days time lol

Franco, can you help us here?? How good is the slicer on here at slicing raw bacon?

Cheers, Rob

Sorry, been really busy. Yes the Italian slicer that Franco sells will cope with raw bacon. I find the bacon needs to be very cold and take it steady but otherwise fine. One thing to watch is that the guide has some flex in it so becareful how hard to push. Also as I've comented on here before (and I must sort out some pics) the motor can move and you need to strip the machine down and realign.

All said mine has lasted a year with no problems. It's not as good as a proper butchers slice, but then you wouldn't expected it to be.
mrutty
Registered Member

Re Argos slicer

Postby Ken Boy » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:07 pm

Hi
I have had an Argos slicer for 6mths now COST �20 WELL WORTH IT !!!
IT PAYS TO CHILL THE BACON WELL 3/4 IN THE FREEZER first then slice All made of plastic apart from the blade easy to wash IDEAL FOR STARTERS AND ITS THE RIGHT PRICE DONT RUSH AT IT.
LET THE BLADE DO THE WORK.
AND USE ALL THE GARDS THAT ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY!!!! 8) 8) 8)
Ken boy
Ken Boy
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Equipment & Supplies