MY REBER 3KG WILL BE FOR SALE......

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

MY REBER 3KG WILL BE FOR SALE......

Postby Rik vonTrense » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:35 am

Although I am at peace with my REBER now and it does do the job perfectly and it is a much better machine now I have breathed on it.......

Sadly it is not for me. Having to work from a wheelchair makes it difficult for me to operate as I need three hands.....one to turn the handle the other to balance myself by pressing down on the meat barrel....which doesn't leave anyone on the business end unless there is some one else involved......then that presents even more dificulties.

The obvious answer is a vertical stuffer. That way the forces used in winding the handle are in a different direction to the horizontal Reber and the handle and the nozzles are in a closer proximity to each other.

So how do we get hold of one of these vertical stuffers please ??
Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Postby tristar » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:03 pm

Hi Rik,

I think they are in stock with sausagemaking.org, but have yet to be put on the website, I think Franco must be jealously guarding them for some reason! If you send an Email to Steph she will help you out! I have been pestering her for some weeks now about an order which I wanted to place, and she has been absolutely fantastic!, she is quick to respond, knows what she is doing, and is always helpful. I just hope Franco appreciates her hard work and effort. On a normal working day I have had a response from her within minutes via email. With Franco, I sent him an email about 4 weeks ago and am still waiting for a reply! Whilst I realise that he may be busy, if I had not been told to contact Steph by somebody else on this forum, I would have ordered from another supplier.

Don't forget Franco, success in business is all about keeping the customer satisfied, if you are short of time, them ask somebody else to answer your emails, just one not replied to could be a lost customer.

Regards,
"Don't be shy, just give it a try!"
Food for The Body and The Soul
tristar
Registered Member

Postby Wohoki » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:10 pm

I agree there, I had a problem with an order and Steph sorted it out super-fast. I emailed her a thank you, and sent a PM to Franco to thank her as well. If she hadn't been so good, I would have gone to Scobies for everything, as it is I'll be spending more money on Franco's site.

One of the big problems about the internet for retailers is that the consumer can be very choosy about who they do business with, and one instance of indifferent service costs you a customer, as there is always someone else who sells the same stuff.
Wohoki
Registered Member

Postby Franco » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:38 pm

The have been on for a few days.... press refresh on your browser :lol:

http://www.sausagemaking.org/acatalog/F ... uffer.html

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

Postby tristar » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:22 pm

Thanks Franco,

But what are you doing lurking on the forum, haven't you got work to be getting on with!!! :lol:

By the way there was no need for the smiling emoticon, your giggling piglet is more than enough!!

And don't forget to say a big thank you to Steph for me, she is fantastic!

Regards,
"Don't be shy, just give it a try!"
Food for The Body and The Soul
tristar
Registered Member

Postby Rik vonTrense » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:34 pm

Hi Franco.....

Yes that's the baby I think I will have to get for my next sausage spree.

In the meantime I will post this Reber on eBay unless anyone wants to offer �75 for it......I should imagine it is well worth that as it is in perfect working order now.

There was only one modification I was going to do to it and that was to make the handle so that it did not fly off at odd moments by drilling and split pinning it......so that it can still be removed but only when you want it to be.

Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Postby roseway » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:48 pm

One ordered right now. :D

Eric
roseway
Registered Member

Postby porker » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:52 pm

Rik PM sent
porker
Registered Member

Postby Rik vonTrense » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:06 pm

Hi Porker.......

If you have sent a PM it has not arrived yet mate.
Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Postby roseway » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:04 pm

roseway wrote:One ordered right now. :D

And it arrived in less than 48 hours. Now I can't wait to put my first batch through it. :D :D

Eric
roseway
Registered Member

Postby hmmm sausages » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:36 am

one stuffer on order today here too
hmmm sausages
Registered Member

Postby Rik vonTrense » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:23 pm

My REBER is earmarked for one of our members so it is no longer for sale.

Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Postby Rik vonTrense » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:16 am

Well I am gob smacked......

Maybe I should not discuss this on the forum but as no names have been mentioned then there is no harm done.

My 3KG Reber stuffer is the cheapest of the Reber range and for a near new machine you can't get much cheaper than �75 and that was with four different sized stuffing tubes.

It had been all packed up ready to go and just waiting for the recipents address as I was prepared to wait for payment from the new owner but it fell through at the eleventh hour because it was not the all stainless steel machine.

All the important working parts are stainless and it weighs a ton but the body of the machine which screws to the bench is RED. Apparently the objections were the possibility of rust. How does a machine that is not subjected to water or dampness and is cleaned every time it is used and dried and finished by wiping over with edible oil and then keeping covered, I would assume, become the subject of bloody rust. ?

I feel that the casing being made of stainless steel is cosmetic rather than necessity as it is not subjected to meat being placed on or in it.

However I do not visulise any problem in selling it on eBay as there were enough people after it when I sniped it for a much higher price that I am asking.

I was even throwing in a kenwood mincer attachment with a coarse and fine plate which would have cost �20 on eBay.

Oh well we live and learn.............

Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Postby Wohoki » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:26 am

If any kitchen equipment goes rusty you're not looking after it properly, and not drying it before storing it, which IS a health issue. I use a lot of old-fasioned kitchen equipment, high carbon knives and rolled-steel frying pans and such, and I've never seen a speck of rust on any of them: just hot water and soap and a dab of oil.
Wohoki
Registered Member

Postby Franco » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:46 pm

Reber only make the bigger models fully stainless to satisfy commercial customers who are required (in some areas) to have only stainless appliances your stuffer is the same in every way to the fully stainless ones.

My machine at home is the 8kg red Reber, I have had it for over 3 years now and there is not a spot of rust on the red section of it, I don't wipe the machine over with oil and just leave it to dry.

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

Next

Return to Equipment & Supplies