Problems stuffing w/electric grinder

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Problems stuffing w/electric grinder

Postby BK » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:50 pm

I have a Tre Spade 8 inox, which grinds well...nothing like the 100 kg industrial jobber I used to have access to...for the home processing. My problem comes when I through the linking tube on for my breakfast sausage...the machine stops pushing meat through after a short time. It becomes a fight to see how much sausage I can force back out the top of the inlet while I feed the inlet.

I broke down the machine to see what was happening. I found meat in the entire legnth of the tube and about 3/4 of the way up the auger. I noticed that my ramming rod does not reach the last inch or so in the inlet, leaving a build up of meat.

Any suggestion?

I have chilled the meat and added a little water. The added water only helped for a short period.

Aloha
BK
Newly Registered

Postby Rik vonTrense » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:47 am

I assume for stuffing you have a special screen instead of a mincing one in place ?

There should not be any meat build up because the worm should automatically feed the meat through once it is in the body of the mincer
your pusher is only there for pushing the meat into the body of the mincer to be forced forward by the worm.

I take it you are not in the UK by your terminology.

The fact that your pusher doesn't reach all the way down to the worm is so that it doesn't foul the worm but the following on meat should have the effect of extending your pusher.

If this isn't happening then there is something seriously wrong with your mincer (grinder).............

Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies